Thread: Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

Hope this is the right section. A buddy of mine just snapped the tip on his Shimano Snapper/spin rod. Is there anyone on the Sunshine Coast that does repairs to those graphite rods?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Re: Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Hope this is the right section. A buddy of mine just snapped the tip on his Shimano Snapper/spin rod. Is there anyone on the Sunshine Coast that does repairs to those graphite rods?
    Fishing world Caloundra does a lot of repair work, would be worth a phone call and asking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

How much is broken off? if it's just a tiny bit, just buy the right size tip and replace it yourself, a bit of hot melt glue will be a breeze, if a lot is broken, it's time for a new rod.

Half way between the 2nd and 3rd Runner. The 3rd is being moved down and a tip added. Rod will be used as a boat road and a new rod for casting at macks purchased.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Between second and third I think I would just cry about it and scrap the rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Between second and third I think I would just cry about it and scrap the rod.
    I don’t know about that did that to a $300 rod and we put a new tip and reset the three eyes below it cost $35 don’t know how it will load up but it still will make a good bottom bashing rod for someone who wants to tag along

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app