Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

    Hope this is the right section. A buddy of mine just snapped the tip on his Shimano Snapper/spin rod. Is there anyone on the Sunshine Coast that does repairs to those graphite rods?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  2. #2
    Ausfish Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast

    Re: Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Hope this is the right section. A buddy of mine just snapped the tip on his Shimano Snapper/spin rod. Is there anyone on the Sunshine Coast that does repairs to those graphite rods?
    Fishing world Caloundra does a lot of repair work, would be worth a phone call and asking!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevlacat 6.2m
    115 v4 evinrudes (going strong)

  3. #3

    Re: Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

    How much is broken off? if it's just a tiny bit, just buy the right size tip and replace it yourself, a bit of hot melt glue will be a breeze, if a lot is broken, it's time for a new rod.

  4. #4

    Re: Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

    Half way between the 2nd and 3rd Runner. The 3rd is being moved down and a tip added. Rod will be used as a boat road and a new rod for casting at macks purchased.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  5. #5

    Re: Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

    Between second and third I think I would just cry about it and scrap the rod.

  6. #6

    Re: Broken tip repair Sunshine Coast

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Between second and third I think I would just cry about it and scrap the rod.
    I donít know about that did that to a $300 rod and we put a new tip and reset the three eyes below it cost $35 donít know how it will load up but it still will make a good bottom bashing rod for someone who wants to tag along


    Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us