Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zipwake Trim Systems

Zipwake Trim Systems

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows who/ where in Brisbane or Goldy stocks the Zipwake trim systems, did a google but didn't seem to show to many retailers of them.
    Scott

Re: Zipwake Trim Systems

Trymax Marine are agents / authorised repairers I think. Not sure what stock they carry

FYI a price rise is about to happen end of this week on zipwake systems

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

QME at Brendale mate.

I have been thinking seriously about them for a while but there is not a lot of real world information out there on them by people who have fitted them. I even tried a post on The Hull Truth with hardly any responses. I do find Zipwake's measuring system a bit vague (that could just be me). The one thing is I could not find any problems mentioned on the internet about them so they appear to be trouble free from a mechanical point of view.

TMC

Thanks everyone

Did you read this thread down a few on this page? http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...enco-trim-tabs

Then Dave's thread? http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...hlight=Bennett

I think I would be sticking to conventional, especially when they seem to be less than half the price of Zipwakes. Just been pricing some tabs for my brother in laws Seafarer.

Yep, I know Rob, I was going to go Lenco's but I've had a rethink basis the way I had the kit cut, i'm running a 650 wide pod so with another 300 of tab hanging off that i'm looking at a meter of line clearance from the outside transom wall, 1300 from the inner transom wall. Pretty much the same reason I had QL's on the old rig which worked really well. Other issue I have is that i don't have the height in the stern wall to go to a shorter 9 inch tab and still fit the ram even on the edge mount versions. I hear the latest model QL's have had all sorts of issues and total crap so hence i'm thinking Zipwake. Being pretty straight up and down sides and hence around 2.4 waterline beam and 20 degree deadrise that carries forward for near 30% of length before it climbs I'd recon I should be safe from some of the chine walk type issues some have experienced. Worst thing that can happen is they don't work and I have to change them out for lenco's!!

Did you think about recess mounting standard tabs into the hull so they dont need to stick out the full length?

Yes Scottar, I did consider that option, it could work but I still have the ram length issue, also mindful that that type of surgery will be meaningful $$. I know some have had issues with interceptors but there's as many good stories as bad as far as I can tell and my own experience was absolutely fine, worth a punt I recon. I'll go with the above waterline hull penetration version of mounting so no big holes ore anything like that to plug if I change my mind.

Zipwake Trim Systems

You will find Keogh’s Marine and RV have them.

IMG_1746.jpg
    Last edited by shakey55; 28-06-2018 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Correct information

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Did you read this thread down a few on this page? http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...enco-trim-tabs

Then Dave's thread? http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...hlight=Bennett

I think I would be sticking to conventional, especially when they seem to be less than half the price of Zipwakes. Just been pricing some tabs for my brother in laws Seafarer.
    I think you need to compare apples to apples Smithy, Zipwakes come with an auto control system. When you add that to Bennets etc.the price is a bit closer. I`ve had them on 5.5 centre console with 20 degree deadrise for nearly 2 years.They have been faultless, just leave them on auto.Have played with them on manual a bit, can just dial in any attitude you want. Moose on here has fitted a few of them I think. Rob

I'll tell you how they go for me in couple of months, I've go a set inbound from (thanks Moose!!). Transom layout and trying to minimise the distance between inside transom wall and the outer extremity of the trim system the big driver for me..

Interesting you use the auto function allot Rob, I was figuring i'd just use them in manual but after talking to few guys that have them it seems like the auto thing is well used once you have it.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Out-Station View Post
    I'll tell you how they go for me in couple of months, I've go a set inbound from (thanks Moose!!). Transom layout and trying to minimise the distance between inside transom wall and the outer extremity of the trim system the big driver for me..

Interesting you use the auto function allot Rob, I was figuring i'd just use them in manual but after talking to few guys that have them it seems like the auto thing is well used once you have it.
    Scott
    Yeah Scott, they are a sort of set and forget thing thing for me most times. I certainly know when I forget to tern them on. Rob.

I have fitted a set of Zipwakes, 450's on a 21' Whittley Clearwater. Only had a couple of runs with them, so far very impressed. Have been using them on manuel at this stage.
    What are your thoughts so far Scott?

TMC