Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is she worth ? Seajay Barramasta

Question What is she worth ? Seajay Barramasta

Hi All

In the next few weeks I'll be putting on the market my beloved Seajay 5m Barramasta after a little bit of a spruce up.

I'm trying to get a bit of a feel for what she may be worth but it's difficult when few if any appear on the market . Made even more difficult that is a 2012 hull & trailer which has it's been repowered with a 2017 100hp Yamaha 4 stroke.

I'm also interested in your opinions As - I'm not sure whether to sell her optioned up - With duel Lowrance sounders & 80lb minn kota or as a basic boat (single sounder , no minn kota).....

Anyhow the basics are

Seajay 5m Barramasta (2012) - Customised with extended front cast deck with rod locker
    Yamaha F100 4 Stroke (2017) - With 4 blade Solas SS propeller (175 Hrs)
    Redco Sportsman braked trailer with swinging drawbar (2012)
    Lowrance HDS 8 Gen II Sounder

Overall Condition 7/10

Option : Include HDS12 Gen 3 With 3D Sidescan & 80lb Minn Kota Terrova (2 x 120amp AGM batteries)

Seajay 5m Barramasta.jpg

Appreciate your feedback

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: What is she worth ? Seajay Barramasta

I don't think it's worth a lot more with all the extras, but, they will make it easier to sell.

I’d offer it for sale for what you’d like to get for the lot and allow them to talk you down. You can use the extras as bargaining chips to knock the price down if you know what I mean.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

What sort of ballpark figure are you looking for. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    What sort of ballpark figure are you looking for. Matt
    I'm not sure Matt ( It's too big a ball park) ….. hence why I'm asking . My experience from selling my last boat ( Hornet) was that boats don't depreciate anywhere near what a car would .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

At the end of the day, she is worth whatever similar rigs (brand being a minor consideration only) are selling for unless it is something niche - or what someone is willing to pay if you can find the right buyer. If the market is flooded with similar rigs prices go down. Having a near new engine will put the price up a bit. Boatsales using the filters should give you the closest idea. Is the floor on those a fully sealed plate set up Chris or are they timber?

looks clean enough and looked after, newish outboard and accessories....has a customised feel to it like a bit more HP and cast deck . i reckon someone who wants it will pay up to $28k but most dudes will barter you down to $22-25k i reckon, even though its worth more in your mind.

Car's are absolutely shocking on our market there just is no value in second hand cars, aluminium boats particularly hold good value especially if u have a modern 4 stroke on it

i would say your rig is worth $20,000+ that engine would have cost u a nice $12,000 engines don't devalue much at all, if i were u i would sit down and break it all up into trailer, boat, engine and than on top the accessories

you have a couple different buyers from my perspective, people that have an certain amount of cash and they want the most for their buck than there is the guy with a wod of cash and wants what suits him not so much his budget

Been down this track..with cars ..boats ..houses...etc.....there really is a simple approach..which avoids the how much is it worth because as a seller...your are always trying to maximise the price...put it on the market and see what offers you get...that tells you enough..if you dont want to sell ..dont sell....but going in with a ..its worth this much ...generally is not realistic...unless you can hang on for the turkey who has no idea...and there are lots of boats out there.so another one is no big deal.....the guys who say play the add ons might just secure the sale....

Just had a quick look Chris. Fairly small market place to be honest. With a clean up mid 30's wouldn't be out of the question with all the options as a start at least.

My two bob's worth $30000.

Without seeing condition in the flesh would say mid to high 20's for mine..

Regardless of the new outboard the boat and trailer are a 2012 model and 7 years old..

Depending on how much use she has had in those 7 years could sway price a little..

If it were me , put up for $29500 and work down from there..

As said above if you want take some of the extras off the boat depending on offers to increase/decrease the price accordingly..

Boats don't depreciate as bad as cars but they are certainly not a great asset in terms of retention of your dollars and not dis-similar in that unless they are a sought after/classic item they don't hold their value either..

Can you take the outboard to your new boat ?

Just buy a second hand whatever and bolt it on and will still sell for ok money
    And you won’t cop the depreciation of the outboard

Hds8 sounders hold little value as so much has changed in them and on a biatbthat size I’d be expecting 10 or 12s

Appreciate your thoughts everyone

Based on a little research I'm thinking that it will sell for somewhere between $30 & $35K - As a new boat you would be looking at mid to high $40s for something similar …… not that there is a lot of choices.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

If you are not in a hurry to sell then put it up for 36k and see how it goes..

That sort of boat is a "niche" market like you say so may take time to move or may sell rather fast due to a lack there of..

Hard to say until you have a go, good luck with the sale either way