Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GPS roll over date BE AWARE !

Re: GPS roll over date BE AWARE !

you know moonlighter i think you may well have solved the mystery and yes my gen 1 is showing the correct date and time and had no problem at all back in october 18 - so i guess best leave it as it is now - the only slight issue is it is finding the satellites a noticeable bit slower than it did before i tried to update it with the legacy update but it does eventually find them - so maybe a soft and a hard reset coming up may fix that slow sats discovery issue

thanks very much for the advice re - Those cases all had one thing in common - their time and date was still correct after the end of October last year. It appears that some random HDS Gen1 units were not affected by this issue, probably because they had a different GPS chip to the norm.

and i suspect it would appear joffo may have the same situation happening - interestingly enough apparently Lowrance CS in Aus may not have been made aware of that situation as no mention of its possibility in my discussions with them - and they put the fact my gen 1 could not accept the legacy update down to a probable harddrive problem with my unit

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by patrol50 View Post
    come on shakey ( but then again a dragons supporter so not all that surprising ) - 5 or 6 goes and same error comes up every time - and yes i have read the lowrance methodolgy of the gen 1 legacy upgrade more than once (in fact sick of the sight of it) - after all i only have 4 x lowrance hds units (gen 1, gen 2 ,gen 2 T, and gen 3 ) plus structscan HD and a Sonar Hub that i upgrade as needed - if and when it the upgrade works which based on past experience can at times be in the lap of the Lowrance programming Gods - which is why i never rush in to do an upgrade when first released and usually give it a month or three before i try it in the hope lowrance has resolved any bugs that are in it first up

cheers
    A dragons supporter all my life - that can’t be helped.

Just trying to help.

Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    A dragons supporter all my life - that can’t be helped.

Just trying to help.

Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    no prob - been a bit of a frustrating experience though - dragons and a bloody blues supporter as well no doubt - oh well me thinks its you guys turn to dominate that show now and the rugby well thats even worse - prob wont bother watching any big time footy this year

cheers