Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Weighbridge BMT figures

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Weighbridge BMT figures

Bump. Anymore contributors?
    I did a towing favor foe someone recently. Bloke needed to get both his boat and new caravan about 1300 k to Coral Bay from Perth for an extended holiday. I told him I could take it 440 k north from where I was on a certain date, had some work up there. He snagged someone willing to tow it the 600 k to my place. The boat was a 600 Signature (RF) with 150 yamaha four stroke. He knew he was marginal on the over-ride brakes, so he weighed it , over 2040kg. Fuel was removed to get it legal.

So, Signature 600 RF, 150 yamaha 4 stroke, fuel not full, no ice or eskies, no fishing gear, basic safety gear ( and no winch), 2000kg.

I’m not surprised

Dept of transport should be weighing more trailers for the safety of public but I’m guessing there’s not enough accidents to warrant the expenditure?

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Swiftcraft Dominator 5.65m. On tandem load sharing Roadmaster, fully cradled/rollered,. Single F115 Yamaha, about 20 l of fuel, all safety gear. 1550kg

Quintrex Navigator 600. 90hp Yamaha 2 stroke, dual batteries, With plate alloy CC and t-top, 16mm marine ply carpet covered floor, thwart seat removed,underfloor 170 l tank maybe half full,, most of the safety gear, on home built ( heavy tandem load sharing trailer) 1500kg.

Haven't weighed the Reef Runner.
    Interesting figures on the swiftcraft. I purchased one, stripped it out, redid the stringers, floor and transom and had it painted. The hull alone came in at 950 kg, with 120L fuel, motor, fishing and safety gear plus dual axle trailer it came in around 1795 kg

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Interesting figures on the swiftcraft. I purchased one, stripped it out, redid the stringers, floor and transom and had it painted. The hull alone came in at 950 kg, with 120L fuel, motor, fishing and safety gear plus dual axle trailer it came in around 1795 kg

My hull was all original-- perhaps your rebuild added some weight, easy to do. Also, I was running tote tanks, only had one on board at the time with 20 l of fuel.

My hull was all original-- perhaps your rebuild added some weight, easy to do. Also, I was running tote tanks, only had one on board at the time with 20 l of fuel.

What year was your hull, an earlier model with straight sides or the latter model with klinker sides.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Ausfish Platinum Member

Later model, 1982, clinker sides.

Later model, 1982, clinker sides.
    Same as mine.
    This is after I sold it and it went down to Adelaide IMAG0233.jpg

Ausfish Platinum Member

Looks great, obviously put some time and money into it. Mine was in excellent original shape when I bought it from the original owner. Needed some wiring and updated electrics, and a cut and polish.