Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weighbridge BMT figures

Re: Weighbridge BMT figures

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    It was a self serve so I drove on and unhitched,drove the Ute off the weighbridge punched in the rego details and it printed out the gross weight results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DF what happens if its a new trailer no rego how does that work being self served? i have never seen that before, our weigh bridges down here are either the tip or ran by service stations

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    DF what happens if its a new trailer no rego how does that work being self served? i have never seen that before, our weigh bridges down here are either the tip or ran by service stations
    If it’s just to check weight I’m Pretty sure you could just make up a rego number and will still give a print out

Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I've been to a weigh bridge a few times and everytime they pop there head out of the office window and tell u to unhitch before giving u the reading
    The tip was easy drove on got an GVM, drove car off the scales got weight on rear wheels, I already knew my towball weight so easy to calculate. I do need to load her up for bear one day and leave a little earlier and go to the weighbridge up at Palmview.

I just go to my local scrap metal yard. They were a public weighbridge, but are not any more but have no issues with drive in for a check that does not need a certificate issued.

BMT glacier bay 2270 cat, alloy trailer. 3.2t completely dry and no gear on board.

Out of interest for tow ball weights, I have torsion axles. Boat is set to ride with trailer dead level on the tow vehicle, but changing tow ball height by about 100mm equates to 100kg change on tow ball due to the variance in axle group loading (lower the front takes weight off it). So if weighing wheel loads with torsion axles, ensure trailer is fairly level. When attached to car, and not dropped as it drives off the bridge. Or it could have a fair effect on numbers. It’s obviously a little dynamic on road, but I doubt that argument would help if explaining to transport on the side of the road why your 250kg tow ball suddenly seems to be 350.

I need to put airbags on my bt 50
    For this very reason to bring the trailer back up level, in 2 years the springs have sagged 5”

Height adjustable hitches are good to set it up close to perfect. Mines alloy, you can set them to suit the actual vehicle droop when loaded.

5” is a lot. I had a navara with medium OME leaves in the rear and if I dropped around 300 kg on it I believe it dropped 75mm. Car appeared level at that load as well. Not legal, so I no longer have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J View Post
    Height adjustable hitches are good to set it up close to perfect. Mines alloy, you can set them to suit the actual vehicle droop when loaded.

5” is a lot. I had a navara with medium OME leaves in the rear and if I dropped around 300 kg on it I believe it dropped 75mm. Car appeared level at that load as well. Not legal, so I no longer have it.

Yeah mate it’s a known fault with the bt50, lot of complaints online about how soft the rear suspension is on them

Put the 2008 Haines Sig 632F hardtop over the local dump weighbridge...2350kg fuelled, ice etc while still hooked up to tow vehicle. Hope this info helps someone.

Last boat was 580 SLF Haines and it went 1.54t before fit out (hull, trailer, motor, nothing else)
    Current project is Blackfin 26. It went 3.88t completely stripped inc no motor 😳

For this very reason to bring the trailer back up level, in 2 years the springs have sagged 5”

be careful putting airbags with leaf springs. many examples of bent chassis' on the internet!

https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php...go-there.9759/

Weighbridge BMT figures

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    be careful putting airbags with leaf springs. many examples of bent chassis' on the internet!

https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php...go-there.9759/
    Sounds scary, Thanks for the heads up I will have to do a bit of research and may just go heavy duty rear springs Instead!

Sounds scary, Thanks for the heads up I will have to do a bit of research and may just go heavy duty rear springs Instead!

Have seen the odd post from time to time about this sort of thing. Can't comment on effectiveness or drawbacks from any personal experience though.

http://www.ironman4x4.com/products/l...per-spring-lp4

My previous boat was a Cruisy 685 Outsider + Yam F250. Put her on an alloy skid trailer to keep loaded weight <3t. Dead empty but with anchor & normal ground tackle and safety gear she was 2480kg. Trailer was 600kg of this.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Go another leaf.
    Airbags are risky

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ausfish Platinum Member

Visited a weighbridge today, as I had to tow the boat down to town for a service.
    Caribbean Reefrunner 6.4m, 150 Merc 4 stroke, 305mm drum winch up front, electric capstan for pulling craypots, most regular fishing gear, but only 85 out of 225 litres possible of fuel. 2,300kg on the ball (GTM), 2550kg unhooked ( ATM). Trailer is rated for 2900/2700, with a Tare of 680kg, so the big girl is , fully fueled, just on 2 tonne sitting in the water.