Quote Originally Posted by Out-Station View Post
    Riptide 6500 hard top cuddy with glass
    225 4st yammy
    alloy trailer
    385L fuel
    50L water
    Maxi drum winch
    50L waeco
    All permananent type cargo in (excluding fisching gear, ice, bait etc)

= 3,190 on the bridge

running a bit over 200 on the ball
    Wow, she's fat....sorry, big boned. Don't think you will break that one in a hurry

Re: Weighbridge BMT figures

7m Whittley Cruisemaster

Heavy duty trailer (steel)
    half fuel (150L)
    No water
    No batteries (3 off)
    No fishing gear
    Mercruiser 300hp sterndrive with B1 leg

3980 kg

Quote Originally Posted by Out-Station View Post

= 3,190 on the bridge
    That's going to make the tow up Fraser a touch more interesting!

Riptide 9m on alloy trailer 6.46 tonne with fuel . 560 kg ball weight . That's with no ice and fishing gear .

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    That's going to make the tow up Fraser a touch more interesting!
    CT, headed up early May so we'll see! Used to pull the old one with a Prado, got a Cruiser in front of this one so hopefully all good.

Had a 5.5m plate alloy centre console built a couple of years ago. (build thread on here somewhere) Expected it to come out at about 1800-1900kg so was a bit surprised when I put it on a weigh bridge and came out 2100kg. That was full of fuel, 190lt, merc 150 and Redco sportsman c channel with every HD upgrade I could do. I now have gone through the brake upgrade ect. to get the trailer rated to 2500kg, stainless calipers and pistons with ordinary steel disks.Cost hurt at the time but it is so much better to tow now, especially on the long trips I can load the boat up and it tows great. Now I can`t help noticing lots of large glass boats with override breaks at the ramp and wonder if the owners know how much they weigh or not...Rob.

Ausfish Platinum Member

They are ALWAYS heavier than the owner thinks--or has bought the trailer for

From when I sold my 609 Stabicraft with a F150 Yammie, bugger all fuel and not much gear abord, 1,750 on the dump weighbridge still on the ball with a 2.0T rated gal trailer. Towed it with a BA Falcon sedan with heavy duty springs and a 2300kg tow kit on it. Towed Townsville and back one trip. Did put an old caravan load levellor on it and my last couple of boats I towed with sedans.

Smithy so your boat would have been over the 2t with full fuel and all your fishing gear for the day?

Dunno about over, maybe right on. I am sure if the scaleys pulled me over I would have been able to grab enough gear out of the boat and put in the car that they would let me drive off all legal. Rods I used to always put in the car.

Just put my old girl on the weighbridge at Yandina, Kevlacat 6.2m Mk1 90L of fuel, 3T on the nose. So full of fuel ready to fish it would be approx 3.3T, Bt50 seems to tow it with no issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Put my Allison 195 Vision on the local tip weighbridhe when I changed the pod over to a deeper but shorter ally job. Pretty well loaded her up except for fishing gear and tackle, food and ice,2080 kg.surprised the hell out of me as always thought it around 1800kg fully loaded. Spent quite a few dollars upgrading the trailer with electric /hydraulic brakes and bigger rated tyres to 3T.

I've been to a weigh bridge a few times and everytime they pop there head out of the office window and tell u to unhitch before giving u the reading

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I've been to a weigh bridge a few times and everytime they pop there head out of the office window and tell u to unhitch before giving u the reading
    It was a self serve so I drove on and unhitched,drove the Ute off the weighbridge punched in the rego details and it printed out the gross weight results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Gday guys, weighed my 7.8m Riptide on the way home from fitout. Went 3320kg. This was dead empty of everything consumable. No anchor or rope. Batteries, cushions and the likes included. With 540lt of fuel, bait, ice and gear (??kg lead) I think I would be pushing the 4000kg which is my max for the cruiser. The cruiser is an awesome vehicle but it certainly knows it is towing the boat. A Dodge would be more appropriate I think but I don’t tow it very far or very often and as a daily driver, I think I know which vehicle would be easier to park.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh