Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A THT thread you will never see on Ausfish!

Re: A THT thread you will never see on Ausfish!

It's really good that gun licenses are so hard to get because if it were easy everyone would own a gun just like in america, but 9 months for a squeaky clean customer that's a long time to be waiting

content for the nutters

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    It's really good that gun licenses are so hard to get because if it were easy everyone would own a gun just like in america, but 9 months for a squeaky clean customer that's a long time to be waiting
    its not 90 days, something went wrong with that persons application
    https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/online...stions#newlic4
    How long will it take to process my application and issue my firearms licence?

A mandatory 28 day period applies from the date you submit your online licence application before your firearms licence can be issued. We recommend you allow a minimum of 35 days, allowing 7 days for postage and handling plus the mandatory 28 day waiting period.

Yeah that's the official line.
    It's all about discouraging people so owning a firearm is too hard and they just give up. Same approach as the anti smoking campaign. The approvals office is/was deliberately understaffed...and the coppers earn more revenue manning speed cameras anyway...which is the only reason we don't have regular PITA storage inspections to further discourage us.
    I maintain there is nothing easy about getting or keeping a firearms license.

That the farce in NSW with a chained up 22 exists is testament to the lunacy and inconsistency that exists in the legislation.
    Pray boaters and fishers never get the same wrong end of the pineapple.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

content for the nutters

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    its not 90 days, something went wrong with that persons application
    https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/online...stions#newlic4
    How long will it take to process my application and issue my firearms licence?

A mandatory 28 day period applies from the date you submit your online licence application before your firearms licence can be issued. We recommend you allow a minimum of 35 days, allowing 7 days for postage and handling plus the mandatory 28 day waiting period.
    There is a definite 'cooling off' period with license processing as well as first PTA,Generally speaking you should expect to wait six months before you get a firearm home in NSW,I have heard of a little quicker I have also heard of a lot longer.Your second PTA (shock,horror some want a second) should only have a two week turnaround.

its how i kept my hunting category licence when in sydney
    a Sydney gun club had a 22 chained to a bench i went down twice a year fired of 10 rounds and signed to say i participated in a club run training session
    the hunting club was affiliated with the target club

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data...ub_Members.pdf

got rid of the two i had when the relative sold their property as i was just shooting feral dogs and foxes that were harassing their sheep
    So,exactly how should you have been treated?

content for the nutters

What procedures should have been put in place when your genuine reason expired.Your obviously not happy with the way it is.The way I see it is you were a perfectly law abiding person wanting to keep his license and was able to so.What club was it?

Maybe that chain on the gun was to prevent kick back and giving someone a compensation claim from a black eye lol

Imagine having a requirement to use your fishing rods a certain amount of times per year. If you haven’t used them for 12 months they are taken off you..... yeah crazy!

Sounds like a rule a wife would make up...😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Homer_Jay View Post
    Imagine having a requirement to use your fishing rods a certain amount of times per year. If you haven’t used them for 12 months they are taken off you..... yeah crazy!

Sounds like a rule a wife would make up...😂😂
    FFS......don't give them ideas 😂

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Maybe that chain on the gun was to prevent kick back and giving someone a compensation claim from a black eye lol
    That chain is a worry...........Just say'n.

content for the nutters

in my case i gave the gun back when my genuine reason expired and let my licence lapse
    you thinking im unhappy is just because i disagree with comments that say its still hard to acquire a firearm

i think its too easy to get a licence and keep it thats all and in my case it was.
    and nothing said here as changed my mind its any harder.

the fact i dont shoot anymore as i no longer had the need for a gun means i shouldn't be dictating to others who legitimately need them, but i can have a view that those who own guns and never use them should have them taken away.
    i dont know the method under which that could fairly be enforced.

there still are people or families with large quantities of firearms that are kept legally
    a neighbouring couple divorced and the police turned up due to it getting heated and removed all the weapons in the house from a distance i counted 30 + guns as the family hunted and were members of the local target and clay target clubs

the husband was a nutter who would get drunk while screaming at his pig dogs at 2am on a weekend morning, not the type of person i want next door with 30 firearms

and regarding what im club im not saying as my real name is used here and dont want legal issues arising from it
    G’Day
    I take a friendly exception to your opinion that those that own guns and never use them should be taken away. In your opinion ,how many rounds must I fire per year to keep my firearms?
    Take my case for example,for the last 20 years I have been working on EBA construction sites in Brisbane.
    That meant significantly more leisure time than that in which I enjoy now. Like a lot of people in my industry I work a six day week. I am not bemoaning my fate, I am simply pointing out that although I still enjoy the pastime of humane removal of pests from rural properties, I currently no longer have the time.
    Should I then, in your opinion, have my firearms license revoked and my firearms forfeited?
    Not trying to start a shitfight, just offering a different opinion.
    Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn 66; 21-02-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Bloody spelling again