Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A THT thread you will never see on Ausfish!

Re: A THT thread you will never see on Ausfish!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    You could pick up an m16 for $1500 in the early 90’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Local bike club house?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Local bike club house?
    All I’ll say is western Sydney near Liverpool, cousin had some dodgy mates!

Mercury 115ct going strong😁

I recall SLR's being 'available' after the army finished with them in the 80's up around our way - never got to shoot one. Vic Hyslop used to keep a rusty old rifle in a rod holder of his boat all the times as I recall.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

The very first ones I remember were the M1 Carbine (.30 cal?),pig hunters loved them and if you went into the local police station pre '96 you could get a license for I think seven dollars across the counter,look in the paper and own one legally.I don't believe anyone really knows how many of these are still out there,they are an old firearm.The ones though that the Govt really wanted/wants,the ones the whole buy back was intended for, were/are the semi auto's imported from China,I think they were an SKS.There was no need to go see the bikies,you could have purchased one of these legally for a fraction with an army box of ammo that took two blokes to carry to go with it.The Govt has a very good idea of how many of these are in the country and they have only taken possession of a fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    You could pick up an m16 for $1500 in the early 90’s!

Definitely around - saw one strapped up under the dash of a trawler. Seagulls apparently .

When i was 16 i bought a 12 gauge shotty for $50 i was mucking around with it shooting it no bullet and half the pin came out of the barrel

thats how easy it was in the 1990's and i was only a kid also bought a slug gun for $100 went to the local gun shop as kids and guys would walk in and buy us slugs with our money ended up running out of slugs to tried shooting blu tac shot a mate in the ass cheek and it hurt him

me and my mates went to a mates aunties farm to go motorbike riding one time out in the country a mate stashed his .22 slug gun in the boot our cabin got raided one morning for the gun in the boot the look on there face when they seen it priceless but they quickly worked out it was only a air rifle my mates aunty claimed it back under her license

i am much older now and much more responsible i am anti gun's now bloody hate the things they only have a place on a farm for looking after animals imo

There was a time that most barber shops was also a sports store (I don't know why) and all of them sold guns, Kmart used to sell them too, you could just wander around and play with them, the ammunition was on sale just next to it, somewhere along the way "we" needed protecting from ourselves, that said, I prefer our much stricter gun laws, putting the criminal element aside, because that always gets dragged out in every gun debate, criminals will have "stuff" and anyone who uses that as a reason to be able to have guns here is just groping at straws, crooks will always steal cars, rob houses and have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    There was a time that most barber shops was also a sports store (I don't know why) and all of them sold guns,
    Kmart used to sell them too,
    you could just wander around and play with them, the ammunition was on sale just next to it, somewhere along the way "we" needed protecting from ourselves, that said, I prefer our much stricter gun laws, putting the criminal element aside, because that always gets dragged out in every gun debate, criminals will have "stuff" and anyone who uses that as a reason to be able to have guns here is just groping at straws, crooks will always steal cars, rob houses and have guns.
    that brings back a memory, my mates and I each bought a 410 single barrel shotgun from Kmart for $30. no questions asked, only had to show a gun licence you could get when you turned 16!

Funny hey? just wander in, pick out your gun and pay at the checkout.

Funny hey? just wander in, pick out your gun and pay at the checkout.
    yep, that easy. got the brochure in the mail, so decided to buy one, even though i didn't need it.

I Support the current firearms regulations/laws.I wouldn't support any category changes at all but wouldn't be opposed to an accuracy test of sorts before one was allowed to hunt.
    I'm not sure the shake up achieved all it set out to do.
    I have to admit I struggle with the Hard line Anti-Gun movement.I have no problem with someone who wants nothing to do with a firearm as long as they don't make it any harder for me to own mine.

the ease of getting a gun is rediculous

a course through a gun club that everyone passes and to keep it twice a year go to a gun club and shoot a 22 chained to a shooting bench that's it

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

a course through a gun club that everyone passes and to keep it twice a year go to a gun club and shoot a 22 chained to a shooting bench that's it
    No it isn't. It was but not now.
    Money where mouth is- go apply for one now and report back when you have a firearm in your safe.

Regular Club shoots are only required for handgun licences ...at least in QLD.

I have a driver's license but I don't have to drive to keep it.

Edit: Really not wanting to be a knob but seriously...a middle aged mate of mine, professional, no criminal record applied a few years back. 9 months later he could go buy a rifle. It's an unofficial "backlog of paperwork " that extends the waiting period to 9 months....assuming you pass the police check.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There was a time that most barber shops was also a sports store (I don't know why) and all of them sold guns, Kmart used to sell them too, you could just wander around and play with them, the ammunition was on sale just next to it, somewhere along the way "we" needed protecting from ourselves, that said, I prefer our much stricter gun laws, putting the criminal element aside, because that always gets dragged out in every gun debate, criminals will have "stuff" and anyone who uses that as a reason to be able to have guns here is just groping at straws, crooks will always steal cars, rob houses and have guns.
    There is a very good reason criminals are brought up in every gun debate. Because most of the time the anti-gun crowd bring it up. They consistently point to the actions of criminals then use that as some sort of retarded justification to take away the guns of law abiding citizens.

When seconds count the police are always minutes away.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

It worries me that people say stuff like this........Who ever told you this is misinformed.