Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A THT thread you will never see on Ausfish!

Re: A THT thread you will never see on Ausfish!

the Fitzroy river pro crabbers carry shotguns, there has been many tinnies owned by raiders that had holes blown into them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    I’ve had a few people criticise my hobby as being cruel ( leaving out the slaughterhouse mechanics of beef, lamb, pork etc ). I respond “if the little buggers weren’t so happy to eat each other I’d not have a hobby at all.” Am I cruel for giving them an easy meal of something they’d eat anyways?

Having said that, guns for personal protection against people ( not dangerous wildlife) - no, nowhere near me. Been there done that it takes too long to recover.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app
    If the people you refer to in the first paragraph did not abide by the same laws I did I would tell them where to go.
    If they did I would have to hear them out and respond appropriately.

I can't say for certain who is actually legal to carry a concealed (or displayed for that matter) weapon in Australia but I am confident they are not going to deliberately shoot me.As alluded to before the only other people will be criminals and no amount of laws will affect them.......It's what they do.....the govt doesn't seem to get that...or maybe they do,it might just be the people who don't.
    Anyways,owning a firearm in Australia for the purpose of protection of self and property is never going to happen,special mention is made on this in most learning material.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Here it is .....

”What gun do you carry on your boat?”

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...your-boat.html
    I subscribe to THT, some funny, good and disturbing shite there

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

There sure is, been a member for years, participate in some threads, got lots of friends on there now, a few I have met when they came here on holidays, most can't believe what we have here, most say it's so clean and friendly.
    Last edited by Noelm; 17-02-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    There sure is, been a member for years, participate in some threads, got lots of friends on there now, a few I have met when they came here on holidays, most can't believe what we have here, most say it's so clean and friendly.
    So friendly? lol i went to get poddy mullet about a month and a half ago the poddys are in a lake with a kids play ground and a small beach there were kids playing on the swings, 3 Indian men aged in there 20's 30's sitting just on the grass above the tiny beach we walked down to get the poddys off the beach and the men mentioned had a knife stabbed into the sand just 4 meters from them, Australia is a crazy place to live u may get shot in America but u sure get stabbed in Australia

donno what your friends are thinking Noel lol

If we carried guns on our boats maybe their would be less poaching of crabs.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    If we carried guns on our boats maybe their would be less poaching of crabs.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Strangely enough, there were always stories about poachers having run ins with pro's wielding various firearms in the pre Port Arthur days - be it shot gun holes through the bottom of tinnies or holes through outboard blocks. Certainly seemed to keep the poaching levels down.

Look when the amnesty came out for illegal fire arms in NSW hundreds were handed in and i think its still on going each year can u imagine where we would be today if there were no amnesty? :O

scottar
    i sent you a pm
    snap

did you call the police ? or just a indian rant

how friendly Australia is is dependent on your own biases or how big a chip you have on your own shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Look when the amnesty came out for illegal fire arms in NSW hundreds were handed in and i think its still on going each year can u imagine where we would be today if there were no amnesty? :O
    In reality Gazza - probably not too far from where we already are. The only firearms surrendered were those owned by law abiding citizens - the ones who don't use them for criminal activity. Crims being crims just buried them. There are actually more guns in the country now than there were back then - they are just bolt action, not semi automatic.

In NSW there was an on going permanent amnesty from the start of the laws up to about 2017.Then there was a break for about six months where you couldn't register a 'found' firearm.This was followed by another advertised amnestyDon't know where they are up to now though.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    In reality Gazza - probably not too far from where we already are. The only firearms surrendered were those owned by law abiding citizens - the ones who don't use them for criminal activity. Crims being crims just buried them. There are actually more guns in the country now than there were back then - they are just bolt action, not semi automatic.
    Someone close to me had a semi auto .22 crazy shit in the 90's and there might still be more out there people don't want to give up

Someone close to me had a semi auto .22 crazy shit in the 90's and there might still be more out there people don't want to give up
    Theres probably tens of thousands of semi-automatics unregistered in circulation. If you really wanted one I doubt it would be difficult to obtain one. If we hadn’t had the buy back/amnesty I think we’d still be far different than the Yanks. Look at NZ. They have more liberal laws than what we had in 96 and they don’t have a gun problem.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

You could pick up an m16 for $1500 in the early 90’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁