Thread: Does anyone own a "Lewis Ski Boats" fishing boat?

Does anyone own a "Lewis Ski Boats" fishing boat?

Following on from my thread about Southwind, I checked out the range of fishing boats that Lewis are producing from the Southwind/Southern Star moulds. They look good in photos but I was wondering if anyone actually owns one, has ridden in one or otherwise seen one in the flesh. Lewis always did beautiful ski boats so I'm reasonably confident that the build should be right but always keen to hear the real world experience of others.

Thanks
    Craig

Re: Does anyone own a "Lewis Ski Boats" fishing boat?

I think, and I could be wrong, that Lewis actually started making the "Sea Devil" range of boats years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I think, and I could be wrong, that Lewis actually started making the "Sea Devil" range of boats years ago.
    Thanks Noel. With the flops, the manufacturing under licence, the transfer of moulds after going broke and all the other crap, trying to get a handle on Aussie boat manufacturing history is a nightmare!

I reckon it would be, most manufacturers started, changed names, changed owners, changed locations, vanished, popped up again under another name, I can't think of a single one that remained the same, Seafarer was probably the longest running, single owner brand for a long time, but of course that's changed.

Cruisecraft would be one of very few long standing brands that have never been outside the original family

Forgot about them (sorry Cruisecraft owners)