Thread: Arkpak portable power ( ticks all the boxes)

Arkpak portable power ( ticks all the boxes)

hey all , just a follow up on a battery pack to power my spottie. have come across the Arkpak 730 battery (BCF) box vs the Kickass battery box brand from australian direct.....after watching some field test videos, im sold on how these little guys can do so much from something so simple. Rather than going the hard wired route, these portable power solutions are just the fit for me. now just to decide on one .

Re: Arkpak portable power ( ticks all the boxes)

Make your own for 1/6 of the price...
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

yes a bit pricey i know, but i can run my spottie, cockpit lights, charge all electronic devices, jump start another battery, anderson plug, plus input to recharge by solar blanket, got the lcd screen giving data feed back..... no way i could make one , i tried to wire in a three way switch once and on test run the wires got real red , real hot and flamed up in my hands ,, ha ha gee that was funny and a sobering thought of how good a electrician i was.....damn it.

Something like this is a lot cheaper, it will also take a battery with a larger capacity than the Arkpak.

https://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/b...ed-battery-box

That's a lot of money for an empty box.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    The Aussie one above seems to come with 140 amps hours of batteries for its money.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

The Ark power also gives 240V whereas I dont think the Aussie one does. If you just need 12V make your own, very simple and very cheap.

How much power do you need ? - 140 amps is a hell of a lot of power to run a spotlight off and charge phones (unless you are off grid for a week) It's also a bloody lot of weight @ 32kgs + . .... not to mention the big bucks for these set ups @ $600 + To be honest they aren't really that portable

If you really do want some all in one power box - this is the one I would be looking at ..... 44amps (16kgs) & portable (carry one handed) ..... it's not a converted thin plastic battery box .
    A mate brought one on a trip once and it was excellent for our lighting / charging needs + he was even able to charge it up via a solar blanket

Certainly worth looking at

https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sal...ower-pack-44ah

Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    If you are referring to my link, the price includes the AGM battery. The box on its own can be had for $150.

We use this setup for powering a fridge and lighting when away camping for more than a weekend.

No mate I was referring to the arkpak in the thread title.

yeah the arkpack doesnt come with a battery, see ya i will be looking at other options, must include a battery for the price..

Re: Arkpťak portable power ( ticks all the boxes)

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    If you are referring to my link, the price includes the AGM battery. The box on its own can be had for $150.

We use this setup for powering a fridge and lighting when away camping for more than a weekend.
    Still too dear. Can make one for under $50, in fact I have at least 3 of them and that includes a CB.

Re: Arkpťak portable power ( ticks all the boxes)

$150 for box only , plus battery is close to $150..its borderline isnt , if only someone could post a picture to help me understand how i could make one cheaper.