Thread: Battery pack for 9 inch spotlight options

Battery pack for 9 inch spotlight options

So i bought a big hand held spotlight for night boating in the bay, the purpose is for navigation from spot to spot. i have no intention of hard wiring the light as the max time it will be on for is a hour for the whole trip.. so its got the cigerette plug in adaptor on the suzie coil lead...
    the science says 12v with 8amph.........now you think i can get away with using a mobility scooter battery, or some other choice that powers electric vehicles, deep cycle or lithium. thanks

Re: Battery pack for 9 inch spotlight options

If your maximum use is an hour or so - you can buy a Century PS series 18amp sealed AGM battery for about $130 - They are small / compact & weigh only a few kgs
    I use one for an LED flood light that I use when camping & it works a treat

Supercheap & BCF have them

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Definitely - I have done a similar thing for years with a large lightforce handheld spotty. I bought a sealed battery which I think from memory is only 10AH. I have never flattened it and it is still going strong. It doesn't get used often but i'd say I would have been using it for at least the last 10 years! I also bought a small trickle charger to charge the battery after use. I keep the hole lot in an old backpack so its portable.

With the quality and price of the LED spotlights these days I would opts for a cordless one with about 6 hours run time.
    Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, Hitachi, Milwaukee and nearly every other brand of quality battery drills has them.
    Jack.

Are you intending to have it on while moving like a headlight?

Catshark, an option that might suit you, I've got one of those portable jump starters from the auto shops. The type with the built in jumper leads. Good to get when they are on sale.
    It has a ciggie socket for your chosen light and can double as a jump starter in a pinch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks guys , some great ideas, the light i bought has a lead of around one mtr, the idea is while im driving , the deckie will hold the light and scan around for rocks and so on ...until we find a good ground to anchor up and fish.....i know lots of you guys know your stuff with batterys as you play around with those leccy motors a fair bit......tested out the larson spotlight last night, WOW certainly does the job, great penetration at 150 mtrs plus i reckon easy. l'll have to tell the old boy to leave his dolphin torch behind from now on, trust he wont be to upset..