Thread: Bream on lures

Bream on lures

Hi & best regards to all

I recently walked into a tackle store and was totally blown away by the amount of lures available as "bream lures."

Last time I looked properly (about 1992...don't ask) there were like 2 or 3 "purposely designed" lures.

Now it seems like there are 2,300 and these are just hard bodies.

Can anyone please suggest a few brands/models that they know work well?

Thanks heaps!!

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Bream on lures

Hey mate, I’ve had good success lately using Cranka crabs in the light range 3.9g.

Lot's of choices alright - tried & proven Ecogear SX40 would be my starting point..... it's fairly versatile & if tuned to suspend is deadly. I dont think that there would be too many tournament bream fishoes that wouldn't have a box of these in their boat.

Daiwa double clutch 60 & Jackall Chubby would also be on my short list.

What is good fun is the use a topwater lure like a bassday sugar pen 70

The other thing is that you do need the right kind of rod to cast these light weight lures ..... 7ft (2-3kg) high modulus graphite will see you get the most out of these lures.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Talking Blacks here not yellows, Zipbaits Orbit Slider @65mm is a great size for the larger bream in both medium running & shallow.
    Zipbaits Rigge range from 56 up to 80mm, the 80F Slim has caught many large bream over 40cm for me.
    Khamsin & Khamsin Jr for suspending in the timber, twitching as the current drifts the lure under or through the gnarly mess.
    Zoea Lipple 45F for surface & subsurface presentations. I usually give a couple of short rips & allow the lure to rise if fishing surface or you can wind them in slowly for subsurface presentations
    Attached Images Attached Images