Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with braided line.

Re: Problem with braided line.

With 6lb berkley fireline and 6lb ebay braid my 10lb mono leader aways seems to break if i get snagged.

Haven't heard back from Shimano, so sent the spool back to Anglers Warehouse and they gave me a full refund. This will be the last time I buy any Power Pro! will probably go back to mono line.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    Haven't heard back from Shimano, so sent the spool back to Anglers Warehouse and they gave me a full refund. This will be the last time I buy any Power Pro! will probably go back to mono line.
    Ed
    You may want to check out this link
    http://web.archive.org/web/201711230...inetesting.htm

Cheers

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Skaptch, this doesn't work on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    Skaptch, this doesn't work on my PC.
    Ok try this.
    The site I'm trying to link to is now closed and many members on here would remember Paulus' line testing site and extensive work. His site has been archived on the wayback machine.

Type web.archive.org/web/ into your browser
    Once you're on the wayback machine page type in #################.com

Then click on the site map option, this will open a page with dates and a blue or green ring.
    Leave date at 2017 and click on the coloured ring and a url #################.com will appear just above. Click on that url and the site should open.

I am doing all this on a tablet so on a computer may be slightly different. If it doesnt work pm me and I'll email a working computer link.

Paul has closed his site as it is beleived he is not well from whats others have been saying. If you search on this forum you will find plenty of line related posts with Paul contributing. Search line testing

Personally after many years of deep water and surface angling, testing and failures I only use tasline, momoi and jbraid all in 50lb and up without issues and their mono/fluoro where applicable.

Tasline are local manufacturers (nz) and should be supported more widely by rec fishos not just pros.

Momoi is inventer (fluorocarbon) and manufactuer and keeps its proprietary secrets to stay ahead of the game.

J-braid comes out of a very high end factory in Japan with strict QC procedures. Daiwa will replace any j-braid that is found to be under performing (from what I have been informed) but have never had too request in my use.

I am not affiliated in any way with any parties referenced above.
    Cheers

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Nope, your links just contain a lot of ############## (hashes) and that's all. If I remember properly I had a look at his site a long time ago, that is not to say that test results would still be the same today as the companies have probably changed manufacturing methods and or formulas by now.