Thread: Fishing caloundra wide

Fishing caloundra wide

Hi everyone
    Can anyone give me some info on fishing caloundra wide?
    I've been out there the last few trips I have done and we have done well with some solid pearl perch, trag jew and parrot.
    However all of my marks are on what looks to be wireweed and gravel. So far I haven't been able to really find any interesting structure that hold bait fish and bigger fish like amberjack or mackerel.

I'm not after anyone's secret spot.
    But just some advice as to what can be found out there. Are there any areas out there with with more bottom features or is it all pretty uniform?

Re: Fishing caloundra wide

From the marks you have, Travel north and south, will take some finding but the southern end i have found holds much better structure that you are after,

Re: Fishing caloundra wide

From my experience "wide caloundra" is a very large area made up of lots of flat country with gravel and wire weed patches in between..

Throw in the odd wreck and little clump here here and there....but overall have found it is pretty devoid of any solid reef structure, pinnacles etc or maybe I am just not looking hard enough!

But fishes quite well at times as you have found out regardless, like most spots really..