Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bar cod off Caloundra 15.01.2019

Re: Bar cod off Caloundra 15.01.2019

Thanks Bannana, that is a great shot of your sounder. I don’t seem to be able to get a distinct bottom line like you are showing. I am not sure if I have an ordinary setup transducer setup or if it is in my settings. I will continue to play with it and try to get it better.
    Is this taken up around Breaksea area?

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

What tranny?
    I’ve run a Furuno 1150 with an 82B in my last two boats. I’m in a 4100 noosacat now and a through hull set up but no where near as good as my 3100 noosacat (now owned by Moejoes) set up with a flush mounted fairing block....
    Those fish were caught between DI & Noosa. We left from Tincan. I fish with Gav (Hookinin) and we don’t like Groundhog Day trips so we constantly move around trying not to fish the same spots for more than 2 or 3 trips. Usually we just pick out an area and spend a couple of trips working it out.
    You’ll find barcod are like whiting. Simple to catch and easy to get numbers as long as you know how to catch them. Brisbane hold just as many with the misconception it’s fished out. They are everywhere!!!!!! If you could do half a dozen trips of Straddy or Moreton you’ll find every deep water species your looking for. The Breaksea has the extra benefit of good reef fishing as a back up plan. The down side is it’s a long way to go for the average punter to find the current up there seems to be full on at times making it a long way to go to cop 5 Knott’s of current...

Gday Bannana, I have the 295 Furuno and the 82b 35r?? I also run a 2kw high frequency. Not 100% happy with it yet but certainly better than it was. I have only had them fitted for about 8 months. I think a fair bit of my issues will be unit settings.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7611.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	118613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7608.jpg 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	118614

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Banana can also show you 3D stuff too - very impressive wasp (bug) technology.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30kg.jpg 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	118622  
    Cheers

Trev