Thread: Solas propellers

Solas propellers

Does anyone one here know the number for Solas propellors and the name of someone there that knows their stuff when it comes to propping a 5.2 kevlacat.
    All i could find is propellor warehouse.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Solas propellers

According to the global Solas website there are 2 authorized dealers in Oz. Just Propellers in WA and All Marine spares in NSW.

You could try calling the head office in Taiwan for tech support.

Another suggestion is a dealer of the engines you have, they may be able to assist.

Finally try one of the facebook pages such as Australian Powered Cats, there will likely be other KC 5.2 owners with similar setup to yours.

I'm sure there will be others on this forum with same or similar setup too.

I have suzuki props made by Solas. Whilst they are stamped 20 pitch, it is impossible using the prop slip calculator I.e. it comes back - 6% slip. Suggesting stamped at 20 but are actually 22.

Cheers Adam

the propeller warehouse on the sunshine coast has been there for quite some time. they were helpful over the phone, and if you purchase one they recommend, and it doesn't work, they will swap until you get the best results!

Ericcs have used them before. The reason i ask, is that i was reading an old post on propping the 5.2kc and a couple of people mentioned a guy from solas. I was wondering if there was a solas shop or if they were referring to another shop which stocks solas props. My 5.2 has f70's and i wanted to have a play with props to get the best out of it.

Terms do you have the standard yammie props from the F60’s?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Hi termi this is Solas Steve is the owner They are all very god at there job COL
    http://www.propellerwarehouse.com.au/

Solas propellers

As per datcool, Steve from propellor warehouse is the guy to talk to. They/he was solas in aus for a long time but I understand the business was bought out or something to that effect. However he still has all of his knowledge and info on many boats tested and propped. He would be a good place to start I would think still. When I spoke to him a few months ago he suggested genuine suzuki props to me as an alternative (but cheaper too I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate.

Lovey80 i have f70's with 15k yamie props. I get reasonable figures with a light load but as soon as i have a heavier load they struggle. Also tried solas 13.5x15 which give great speed for rpm eg 4000rpm 40km, 4500rpm 45km, 5000rpm 50km but they wont rev over 5600 fully trimmed.

I could be corrected but I believe the Solas franchise was stripped from them.

The prop guru that did the repairs and mods to props there, his name was Craig. He’s the one that got my F60 props for my KC right. PM me if you want his number.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

For Yam props in the 60-70 range, Solas never really offered much that was different to the OEM offerings. And if you wanted OEM props, Stones Corner Marine used to be the best price wise.

Quote Originally Posted by termi View Post
    Lovey80 i have f70's with 15k yamie props. I get reasonable figures with a light load but as soon as i have a heavier load they struggle. Also tried solas 13.5x15 which give great speed for rpm eg 4000rpm 40km, 4500rpm 45km, 5000rpm 50km but they wont rev over 5600 fully trimmed.
    The Solas props were considerably heavier than the Yammie props. 9n my F150 it was close to a kg.

Lovey80 that would be great if you could pass on Craigs number. For the moment i have ordered some 14's to try in oem pattern. Cheers termi

Hay Termi ,

Have you read this thread http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ight=vengeance #93 wahoofishingcrew got really go results from Mercury Vengeance 15 pitch
    48-854354

These arent bad on a 60hp with a bigfoot or CT gearbox ... tonnes of lift and thrust good econ.
    Attached Images Attached Images