Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a 4.2 m Stacer with 30 Hp-first time boat purchase.

Re: Looking to buy a 4.2 m Stacer with 30 Hp-first time boat purchase.

I picked this up for $4500 about six years ago it was listed or $5500 and it was a deceased estate the poor bloke who owned it was a diver he must have known he was dying as he done a full overhaul of the boat it was in mint condition new paint new upholstery everything, the bloke passed away than his brother was selling off the poor blokes stuff i reckon his brother would have been rolling around down there at the boat being sold for $4500 but the brother also said he didn't know the boats value, its value would have been $8000 to $9000

sadly i had credit card debt so i had to sell the boat and to today i wish i had kept it

oh that looks lovely Gazza!!! yes I think I'll sit on my hands for a while,that did cross my mind a deceased estate and being in right placer at right time. Yes I'll do the rounds have a look here and there and not be in a hurry,I guess when one comes a across a deceased estate offering like you had- one really knows its time to move. Thanks again for everyone's input to helping and advising- Its a very handy forum!

what length on that boat Gazza? - cheers.

5 meter Quintrex Cruiseabout mate had a old 70hp Evinrude on it to find a deal like this u need to be quick and u need to be looking everywhere i mean everywhere look in the tinny's, boat bits and spare parts, boat and jetski look everywhere a lot of deals like this are listed incorrectly even the titles are basic like "boat" thats it you need to look high and low everyday even morning and afternoon look on gumtree, ebay, trading post, facebook classified when i say look everywhere you'll spend hours each day just looking but u will hit the jack pot

this is not my only boat i have hit a home run on by using the above i get heaps of good stuff from classifieds

There is one in Noosa https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/noos...out/1202144586 they vary from boat to boat, mine had 2 beds inside the cabin up the front half of the boat is actually a 3/4th cabin all round 3/4th in height 3/4th long beds etc.. i am 5 foot six tall and i slept in the cabin perfectly fine on mine but i have seen some where the owners have ripped out the beds for more storage

Thanks Gazza.

those cruiseabouts have a good reputation and for a old rig they can be a great seaworthy jigga.....you'd go coastal fishing in one of those easy peesy.
    i think the key here is old mate is looking for his first boat so perhaps a few tinnies mention for the price range would be ideal, it will be a cheap introduction into boating and like we all know , BOAT = bet on another thousand..... you never find the right boat until your on about the 5th or 6th one any how, so whats a few battle scars on a tinnie, could very well out fish a lot of newer rigs....Darter take a second set of eyes with you and have a geeza at some of those little rigs, see you on the water.

Yes I like the idea of taking another set of eyes @catshark, found this listing and the owner will take $4000 for it,it seems a bit newer than some of the others I have looked at,and has 3 cylinder 2005 30 HP motor.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cabo...uuSBsk7XyJIdao

Once again, look at the trailer, it's more suited to a JetSki, the boat is small, yet still hangs over the back.

Quote Originally Posted by darter View Post
    Yes I like the idea of taking another set of eyes @catshark, found this listing and the owner will take $4000 for it,it seems a bit newer than some of the others I have looked at,and has 3 cylinder 2005 30 HP motor.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cabo...uuSBsk7XyJIdao
    did you buy it, as it's already sold!

Here you go more boat for your money and a soft dry ride as well.

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...90&pss=Premium

The Stacer you started looking at is one of thousands of similar boats with very similar characteristics and pros and cons.

Think outside the box and reap the rewards.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    did you buy it, as it's already sold!

No mate,went quick. I mmay even bay a new package seems around 10K gets a fair amount these days-I got 4 K cash even if I go into hock for the rest.

Have you thought about the style of boat. You initially talked tiller steer, but you also seem interested in runabouts. Very different in some styles of fishing. Will you be flicking plastics and want a front casting deck. Or an electric motor. Not with a runabout. Or do you want more shade and just soak baits out the back - runabout.

If u were in Sydney u could have picked up this 474 stacer for $4500

Dang-that does look good Gazza! 70 HP

I checked the more local listings and found this https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gymp...nie/1200107236

looks well kept.