Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking to buy a 4.2 m Stacer with 30 Hp-first time boat purchase.

Re: Looking to buy a 4.2 m Stacer with 30 Hp-first time boat purchase.

New rear end on the trailer kind of worries me, unless it's been regalvanized.

Just a thought on something you may not realise, try to get a boat that has flat gunnels, it makes a much better boat, easier to fit rod holders, and OK to sit on too, lots have them, most cheap package deals don't, but they are nice, I saw a decent outfit today in Sydney for 4 grand, flat floor, full gunnels and a 30HP 2 stroke, plus sounder and odds and ends.

I've had the 4.2m Seahorse powered with the 3cyl 30DMH yamaha.
    It was a great boat & one I miss after replacing it with my Renegade.
    With casting decks, flat floor, bowmount electric motor and both a Deep Cycle & lead acid house battery for powering lights, electronics and pumps. It was a great rig and certainly no slouch. Even with two burly blokes aboard with all our paraphernalia.
    Cant recall exact fiqures on speed but think I could hit 27knots over flat water one up at WOT.
    I miss it coz it was a light n easy to manouvre rig that could easily be readied in hurry and put away just as easily. It was also VERY versatile in being able to fish the creeks n estuary here including the associated bank launching but also capable outside, all be it in the Gulfs of SA, when conditions suited.

how about this one!
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...roduct_details

too late, sold!

I reckon a first boat should be new...
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wynn...0hp/1189394756

Saw a one year old Stacer Outlaw for sale (which is a fully fitted out Stacer model) for 10 grand today, which is still over budget, but for a near new rig, it's pretty good buying.

Thanks again for everyone's help and input,I'll be going for a drive on Monday -if a listing I have found is still available- a 4.1 m with 25HP three cylinder motor with electric tilt trim and start is still available $3300. Looks kinda almost like a deceased estate sell out. Have learned a lot from this thread and members here.

Quote Originally Posted by RayLamp View Post
    I reckon a first boat should be new...
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wynn...0hp/1189394756
    My cousins boy friends cousin just won that 107 mil lotto if that were me i would have bought this boat today lol

Quote Originally Posted by darter View Post
    Thanks again for everyone's help and input,I'll be going for a drive on Monday -if a listing I have found is still available- a 4.1 m with 25HP three cylinder motor with electric tilt trim and start is still available $3300. Looks kinda almost like a deceased estate sell out. Have learned a lot from this thread and members here.
    Hard to find a older model tinny around the 00 era with tilt and trim so it may be well worth the look tilt and trim on such a small tinny would be awesome