Thread: Looking at buying a Sea jay 4.68 avenger

Looking at buying a Sea jay 4.68 avenger

Hi looking at buying a Sea jay 4.68 avenger just wondering if anyone has one or had one. If so what they think of it, to be used mostly for fishing but also to take the family on day trips ect. Has got 70hp 4 Stoke yammer. Would love to know any pros or cons. Thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Looking at buying a Sea jay 4.68 avenger

hey mate i dont have one but from a different perspective, They look pretty good sitting in the water and they seem to have a bit more deep vee with a big reverse chine..on the video review they turn nice and flat. those big reverse chines would keep it a dry boat you be thinking.

They're a high quality boat with good resale. A 70hp yammie on a 4.7 is perfect from my perspective. Without knowing any more than what you've written I'd be happy with that boat every day of the week.

SeaJay are really expensive in Sydney i recall one time going to i think a Qunitrex dealer i seen a nice 4m there abouts hull for like $2800 on special but i always had a liking for the Sea Jay tinnies they were very deep hulled and nice and wide so i went to a Sea Jay dealer in Sydney and was quoted $7000 for a similar size tinny with nothing more no motor or trailer basic bench seat tinny i had to ask the sales guy for the price again to make sure he got it right

from what i can remember i was looking at the open tinny range 4 to 5 meters its much cheaper to drive to QLD and make the purchase than it is down here we get slugged dealer delivery fees and the range is just cheaper in QLD

Sea Jay are not worth buying second hand they hold so much value your better off buying new from what i seen on Gumtree at the time, probably also better to buy in Winter to save even more on old stock