Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish ID please. Moreton Bay.

Re: Fish ID please. Moreton Bay.

They're well regarded around the Fraser Coast by many and boy they can really put up a fight too. They can be quite good, and I'm sure icing them and bleeding helps but it's not always the answer. Some are rubbish despite this treatment but I have had a few good meals from them over the years, and I agree with PoMo too, beggars etc

Quite edible fresh from my experience..

Actually did a breakfast cook up one time for our fishing club many years ago up at Wathumba creek..

Was a mix of morwong (milf) and trevally..

All filleted, skinned, boned and cooked in flour fresh in the pan and when asked told they were nannagai - we had caught alot of these earlier in the week so helped!

Not one person knew that the fish they were eating was morwong and trevally and there was not a fillet left by the time everyone was done..

Alot of the hardcore guys were a bit the same with regards to their opinion on the eating qualities of morwong and trevally..if only they knew! haha

Oh and if you have ever bought or eaten "mixed reef" fillets from somewhere you have probably eaten it as well

Quote Originally Posted by Watto79 View Post
    Quite edible fresh from my experience..

Actually did a breakfast cook up one time for our fishing club many years ago up at Wathumba creek..

Was a mix of morwong (milf) and trevally..

All filleted, skinned, boned and cooked in flour fresh in the pan and when asked told they were nannagai - we had caught alot of these earlier in the week so helped!

Not one person knew that the fish they were eating was morwong and trevally and there was not a fillet left by the time everyone was done..

Alot of the hardcore guys were a bit the same with regards to their opinion on the eating qualities of morwong and trevally..if only they knew! haha

Oh and if you have ever bought or eaten "mixed reef" fillets from somewhere you have probably eaten it as well
    Yeh,Nah.....Can't pay that one chief...............A fishing club on Fraser for a week.....You blokes would would've been pickled,you could've fried up a turd and ninety percent would've ponied up for seconds lol.

TheRealAndy,

Good to hear you caught one. Last time I caught one was about 10 years ago, it was a big mongrel, I was later told if I took it to the Hervey Bay Fishing Comp, might have one the big prize. I wasn't a member so did not enter.
    Cheers,
    Bondy

cat food.......

ive tried to like em , but i just cant eat them....like soap give me some fancy feast cat food instead,, ive found they bruise easily around the shoulder when i go to clean them, dont know why they are put into a ice slurry straight away. are you meant to bleed this fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Hard View Post
    cat food.......
    Our cat wouldnt eat them .....
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....