Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No time, wrong dates and tide info Simrad NSS, Lowrance HDS Gen 1, Touch and Gen2

Re: No time, wrong dates and tide info Simrad NSS, Lowrance HDS Gen 1, Touch and Gen2

no the downloads were upd files just checked but i will try downloading then on chrome as well as firefox - bit reluctant to try again actually as everything is working ok at the moment after i rolled back the update on the gen 2 t to the previous no 6 update seems to have overcome the hang up on start up - and the gen 1 wouldnt load the update file anyway so no need to roll it back

so all my various hds units are all starting and taking to each other ok and also i have a older 3000 gps unit that is connected in to my nema 2000 network as well - picking up the sats so position is locked in and maps are sharing between the gen 2 and gen 3 units ok and the sonar hub and structure scan hd are both working and i have chirp working ok as well and showing on all units (including the gen 1 which i can use as slave to the gen 2 T or gen 3 ) - so all good at the moment - i think i may just sit on it now and see what happens at the roll over date in april

thanks for the interest and help

cheers and best

Re: No time, wrong dates and tide info Simrad NSS, Lowrance HDS Gen 1, Touch and Gen2

ok lowrance cs have come back to me ( currently contacting via email ) and asked for more info via photos so info has been sent them re the gen 1 issue - so we shalll see what develops i guess
    Attached Images Attached Images

well lowrance cs cant fix the problem with loading the legacy patch for the the gen 1 after trying reloading the patch on a newly formatted card and soft resets with card in unit and hard resets plus reloading upgrade 4 1 36 . 68 the last major upgrade for the gen 1 and now suggest it must have a hardware problem which is bit strange cause it still works ok - so they have put it in the too hard basket and so no solution

but the gen 1 unit still works ok anyway so maybe it will die soon maybe not

end of the story i guess

cheers

Do what I said, get the file downloaded to a completely different PC.

I have only found 1 other case loke yours, and like you they tried everything, and eventually did what had been suggested by one of the experts and downloaded to a PC at their office - problem solved.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

ok will do - and thanks for the dropbox offer but i could not download off your drop box it wont let me access and transfer upd files

cheeers