Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anchoring/fishing in a channel.

Re: Anchoring/fishing in a channel.

Gazza daytime yes. Nighttime likely a different story if not a designated moring point and they are anchored and not showing their all around white light. You are entitled to steam in pitch black without a spot light etc. Now if you know people regularly sit in an area without nav light on and you steam through without taking extra care such as slowing right down and using a spot light you might well be found partly to blame. Cheere

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

http://www.mondaq.com/australia/x/95...t+of+liability

An eg of how courts apportion liability. There are others. I posted up another similiar decision I think from the.Coomera river some years ago on Ausfish.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Your ment to slow right down at night as u have no visibility other than lights on other vessels so anything on the plane if they can grab u for it in a accident they surely will blame you for neg driving, heaps of us including my self get up and boogie at night but its a matter of when we hit that dumb ass with no lights we ma see our selves in trouble too

Rules is rules, but if I am anchored in or off the side of a main channel that is not an known anchorage then I tend not to give a shit.

On the other hand, if I am in a well known anchorage, and some farktard blows though with a massive wake then I will get pissed off. Likewise when I am anchored up in some shallow bay, I dont appreciate those idiots on jetskies flogging though at 40 knots just because they want to show off,

A bit of common sense does not go astray. Its not hard to give someone a wide berth if space permits. Everyone can enjoy the waterways, just use your brain and dont be a c*nt.

People who do anchor in busy channels must go by the , it's a bit quiet need a boat to go past to stir the fish into action theory. The people that sit under the bribie bridge between the Nav markers on a Saturday arvo must clean up on that theory.....

Bergood that actually works believe it lol when the fishing dies down on a drop off and a boat comes cruizing thru the shallow into the deep chuck a unweighed bait over in its wash tight lines... it sounds like it wouldnt work but it actually churns up food in the shallows this happen to us weeks ago the king fish went quiet as soon as aboat when thru it fired up the fish again they were busting in the wash but its rare this happens unless your off the heads and the birds are working the fish love your wash

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Rules is rules, but if I am anchored in or off the side of a main channel that is not an known anchorage then I tend not to give a shit.

On the other hand, if I am in a well known anchorage, and some farktard blows though with a massive wake then I will get pissed off. Likewise when I am anchored up in some shallow bay, I dont appreciate those idiots on jetskies flogging though at 40 knots just because they want to show off,

A bit of common sense does not go astray. Its not hard to give someone a wide berth if space permits. Everyone can enjoy the waterways, just use your brain and dont be a c*nt.
    Pretty much my views.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app