Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some mothers do have them

some mothers do have them

Bloody holiday season, brings out all the dickheads, I only reluctantly go out due to visitors etc wanting to go fishing.
    So I'm fishing in Pumistone with a mate in one of my favourite areas flicking towards the bank when this boat comes racing towards us at full bore and goes between us and the bank, the two guys smile at us as they go past. 20m later slow down to about 20 kph while one of them throws a crab pot into the mangroves then go zooming off and around the corner. Now this spot will be high and dry at low tide so I am supposing they'll be back before then or will wait till tomorrow to come back to collect it. Our immediate thought was to go and pick it up and lodge the pot in the trees so that any marine life caught in it wouldn't cook at low tide but we resisted being good law abiding citizens.

Prior to that we came across a couple of guys trying to squelch their boat back into deep water, we did mention they'd be fine as they were stirring the mud up too much for the bull sharks and stingrays to find them then pointed out where the channel was, that it only ran for about another 30m past us before it was mud and weeds all around. Now they get into the channel, go around us and start heading towards the shallows again, we're just sitting there dumbfounded. Out they get again and push their way back and as they pass us say "I guess we should have listened to you.

The other day I counted 27 crab pots that were either exposed or would be exposed at low tide and any marine life in them would cook in the sun. Maybe these guys are lazy and want precooked crab.

Re: some mothers do have them

Welcome to the GOM sub-group. I thought it had gone into recess; but apparently not.

Glad to know that I am not alone after many of the other members seem to have either passed or just left..
    What could go wrong.......................

yeah i dont understand why some boaters have to full bore it as close as possible to another boat.

I just do boat maintenance this time of the year, too many dickheads on the water and ramps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    yeah i dont understand why some boaters have to full bore it as close as possible to another boat.
    Once a year boaties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    I just do boat maintenance this time of the year, too many dickheads on the water and ramps!

Terry, maybe we should spend more time having a few beers but still have to look after our guests, smile, because you have to spend 20 mins getting onto the ramp, smile, because someone is deciding to rig up on the ramp, smile, because someone in a vehicle has parked in the rigging area, smiee, because you have to park 3 blocks away, smile, smile, smile.

some mothers do have them

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Terry, maybe we should spend more time having a few beers but still have to look after our guests, smile, because you have to spend 20 mins getting onto the ramp, smile, because someone is deciding to rig up on the ramp, smile, because someone in a vehicle has parked in the rigging area, smiee, because you have to park 3 blocks away, smile, smile, smile.
    Don’t know how I havn’t ripped a parked car door off that’s been opened while towing along Parkyn parade, It’s a tight squeeze at the best of times going along there!

Mercury 115ct going strong😁

with the crab pot negligence, it would be nice if some people thought about it a bit more and claim their pots before the little blighter roast in the dry sun.

I was down at the local boat ramp yesterday when this guy backs down the ramp with wifey in the boat ready to drive off when boat comes off trailer. He reverses down the ramp and when in required depth slams on the brakes for boat to come off trailer nothing happens, after three tries at this he gets out of the car and abuses the hell out of his wife in front of everyone then gets back in his car and tries to get the boat off the trailer twice more. Someone eventually walked over and told him to release the winch cable from the boat.

Yeah that feels like me at the moment

Once a year boaties.

Interesting time of the yr.
    I arrived back at the ramp yesterday arvo, and tied up to the pontoon. As I walk up the ramp to get the car, there's this Wally preparing his boat for launch. He park in the middle of both ramps, needless to say everyone else couldn't back straight down the ramp and had to work around him. I back down, load my boat, drive up the ramp and secure everything for the drive home.
    Wally is still getting his boat ready, including rigging his rods.
    Wally eventually is ready and starts backing down the ramp.
    I say to Wally's wife, those rods will get broken on the pylons if you dont move them.
    Wally's stops car gets back in boat and moves rods.
    I've seen enough, and head home.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

few wallies about, howz the grub abusing his wife in front of everyone, maybe the travelcalm was making him go pshyco.......

Quote Originally Posted by bugsytwoshoes View Post
    I was down at the local boat ramp yesterday when this guy backs down the ramp with wifey in the boat ready to drive off when boat comes off trailer. He reverses down the ramp and when in required depth slams on the brakes for boat to come off trailer nothing happens, after three tries at this he gets out of the car and abuses the hell out of his wife in front of everyone then gets back in his car and tries to get the boat off the trailer twice more. Someone eventually walked over and told him to release the winch cable from the boat.
    Would have loved to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Yeah that feels like me at the moment
    You keep praying to the wrong wind God.

You keep praying to the wrong wind God.
    The wrong wind god means nothing to these type of boaties

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app