Thread: Talica help

Talica help

A certain store has good discounts on reels atm so I’m looking for a new overhead for bottom bashing and some (not much) jigging. I usually fish pe4 for bottom bashing so thinking either Talica 8,10 or 12. The smaller ones hold enough line so look the goods. Anyone own one who can offer some advice?

Thanks in advance

Re: Talica help

Billy did you end up getting a reel?
    I got a 10 for christmas but havent paired it with a rod yet. a mate has a 12 and he loves it

Nah mate I couldn’t get to the store in time to have a good look. I have since though and like the look of the 10. Now just got to wait for them to come on sale again!

Cheers

i've got 2 of the fin nor lethal 20s they aren't as pretty as a talica but half the price. good line capacity, nice smooth drag, under $200
    Last edited by Andrew_P; 02-04-2019 at 07:33 PM. Reason: remove link

Check out online prices from overseas stores. I saved a lot of $$ doing that. Note not all OS tackle stores deliver to aust.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I have a Talica 16ii. Pricey but great. Don't know if I'd bother with the 2 speed again. I have only used the lower retrieve when attached to sharks but I guess the day might come when I need it for a monster red

https://www.dinga.com.au/shimano-tal...-tac2sp16.html

Can't help with your Talica reels but you may wish to consider looking at the Okuma Makaira MK-10II and MK-15II reels as well, they are a really nice reel, quiet and really smooth, no background noise from the ratchets.

https://www.hookedonline.com.au/okum...erhead-fishing

I was considering the Tiagras until I cranked them in my hand, the Makairas won hands down, and now I have two of them although having said that I am selling the smaller and unused MK-30II as I will only use one, my wife bought me a bigger one for my birthday.

I’ve been using Fin-not primal offshore for reds. It’s an awesome little reel. Was going to buy s talica but the smaller profile of the primal makes winding up from 60m+ a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums