Thread: Bowenville reserve/cecil plains boat access

Bowenville reserve/cecil plains boat access

Afternoon,
    A friend and I are heading out the Toowoomba way from the gold coast for 2 days over new years chasing our first cod. We are hoping we can get into these two stretches of water with our 4.5m side console tinnie.
    If anyone knows if this is possible I would really appreciate some feedback.
    Either this or if anyone has any launch spots they are willing to share would be great.
    We would prefer river stretches rather then dams.
    So far we are looking at Oakey creek from Bowenville reserve, the condamine from Cecil Plains.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
    Tight lines all

Re: Bowenville reserve/cecil plains boat access

Bowenville reserve is pretty skinny water mate, it's a creek, a small creek. I've had my 385 in there, the biggest thing I've seen in there, really it is kayak or canoe water. Nice camp ground, can be busy, I don't think you would put your boat in there to be honest you would have to back up to come home.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Re: Bowenville reserve/cecil plains boat access

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Bowenville reserve is pretty skinny water mate, it's a creek, a small creek. I've had my 385 in there, the biggest thing I've seen in there, really it is kayak or canoe water. Nice camp ground, can be busy, I don't think you would put your boat in there to be honest you would have to back up to come home.
    Thanks for the reply, and apologies I missed it. Laptop fried and only just discovered the app.
    We got the boat in at bowenville but I would not recommend to others unless it is on a hefty risen trailer and yes the stretch is a bit short for the hassle. Far better for yak. Got two yellows and that's it, no other hits at all. Still was my first yellow so I was stoked at the time.

Heading out further to Texas this wkend to try again. Posted already for assistance.

Thanks again

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app