Thread: Rod for tyrnos 50

Rod for tyrnos 50

I just won a shimano tyrnos 50 in a competition.
    Im not new to offshore fishing but most of my offshore gear is stuff like tld25's ect. The tyrnos 50 is a class above what ive got.

I want to set it up as an allrounder so that its primary purpose is trolling and livebaiting for big reds ect off fraser. But I also want to be able to use it as a backup rod that i can use for bottom bouncing for pearlies in the event that I need an extra rod for whatever reason.

Can anyone reccommend a good allround rod that would suit the reel and what I want to use it for?

Re: Rod for tyrnos 50

Did you want a full rollered rod or just a GP overhead rod, if the latter, then this might suit you.

https://www.dinga.com.au/ugly-stik-g...-new-2018.html

Recommending a rod is a bit hard as everyone will have different tastes and likes in what want in a rod. As a general purpose this one may be OK for you, personally if I was looking to get one for a Tyrnos 50 I would go with a full rollered rod. Having said that, there are countless varieties and brands that would also suit.

Shimano backbone elite 24kg-37kg would go alright and should pick up for a good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Also you will never use the 50 for bottom bouncing, way too big and heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁