Thread: Mac tuna everywhere

Mac tuna everywhere

Did a bit of a reccie mission this morning and headed up to sunshine reef from Mooloolaba to have a bit of a look around as I’ve never ventured up that way, did a bit of trolling looking for any reasonable ground to bottom fish in the future, ground is fairly flat and not a lot of structure so you would have to do some some serious miles to find needles in haystacks, had no luck trolling so through a blade at some schools busting up and they were all Mac tuna, was hoping for some mackeral amongst them but alas no luck unfortunately, ended up with 5 Mac tuna that I’ll fillet and freeze to hopefully turn into a snapper next winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Re: Mac tuna everywhere

Thanks for the report Dirtyfuzz, disappointing on the mackerel front. Was the water clean blue or dirty green? Were you trolling skirts or baits?
    Always good to get some bait anyway.
    Well done
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Mac tuna everywhere

Water was pretty green, I’d say the Noosa river got a flush out, I trolled a couple of xraps on the corners and a Pakula skirt shotgun then changed the two lures to a couple of skirted gar for donuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁