Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any little black marlin around??

Any little black marlin around??

Gday guys, just interested to hear if there have been any reports of little blacks or dolphin fish out around the Cape Moreton / Hutchies area? I know it has been ordinary weather recently so possibly not many reports but I am keen to have a go on Saturday. Should I be expecting dirty water from these northerlies and no action?

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Any little black marlin around??

We had 3 Dollies come to the boat off inskip on the first of December and Doug Burt has been reporting of dollies and blacks off the Goldie.
    Worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Finicky, yeh I thought the same, worth a try. If they are not there now they can’t be far away. I am sure the crew will settle for dollies if that’s all that’s on offer.

On the subject of dollies, I have seen a few YouTube videos of how to skin them. I normally do it the traditional way but these blokes are just marking the skin all the way around the fish and then peeling it off. Has anyone used this method and if so, is it really that easy??

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Lee, works on flathead 😉

Hopefully I’ll be able to let you know Sam after Saturday

I’m heading out Saturday as well mate I might see you out there
    I’ll be on channel 21 call sign MY OTHER WIFE
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Jsmfun, sounds good mate, I am crossing Caloundra about 4.15am hopefully. Hopefully lines in by 5.15am. Silver Riptide with white cab. Call “One Piece At A Time”.

Gday guys, just a brief report from today. Hit a flat Caloundra bar at 4.15am, travelled to Hutchies on a flat sea with basically no wind. Lines in at 5.00am. Glassed out conditions by 7.00am and back home just after midday. Awesome day to be on the water!!! Oh sorry, the fishing report, nil to report. Didn’t turn a reel all morning!!!!! Tried depths from 20m to 80m and never saw blue water the whole time. Tried an unsuccessful bottom drop in 80m and the current was roaring. Back on the troll for nil again. Time to resign myself to the fact that today just wasn’t happening and pull the pin. Travelled home on a flat sea.

Cheers
    Lee

That’s a bugger.
    I thought you would have found some clean/dirty water lines out as far as the 80m mark. That has produced Dollies for me in the past. I spent the day repairing power lines down the coast. I’m hoping to chase some mackerel down there next week but there is going to be a lot of dirty water down there for a while with all the rain they’re getting.

Mine was the same mate with the northwest wind it’s rubbish I ended up out of jumpin pin east I went out to 230m looking for warmer water and the hottest it got was 24.2 so I trolled all day out there for the same result
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Living the dream, wish I could hAve gone out myself.
    I was in the roof cavity trying to work out why the air con wasn't pulling down, surprisingly cool up there. Seems the so call experts that replaced one of the fan blades during a recent repair managed to disconnect one of the joins in the ducting lines, other ducting they removed to get to the system was poorly replaced and leaking air and it seems they couldn't get the lid back on the condenser and did some panel beating to make it fit, needless to say some air leaking around it. This was a respected a/c repairing Co here. Managed to get airflow back to a reasonable level but it took ages to get the temp down, try getting somebody this side of new year to have a look at it, they've all shut down.
    oh well, just have to spend more time on the water if this wind abates.

Got out boxing day and got 1 black in 45m NE of the seaway. 2 dollies as well in about 60m NE.

Out yesterday for 000. The NE's certainly do a number on the fishing of the gold coast. Heaps of bait and 26 degree beautiful water around spot x and deep trag but saw nothing. Hopefully winds turn SE soon...

I went for a run off the Gold Coast today 10th January. Sloppy early but it did flatten out nicely. I trolled 55-85 m NE of the Seaway. There was some good bait in 70-80 m NE and bits and pieces elsewhere. Cold water in close with 25 degrees on the 50 m line. Slow day everywhere with chat on the radio of a couple in 70-85 m E and SE. I didn't get a hit.

Gday guys, late boring report from 08.01.2019. Left Caloundra at 0500 and crossed a lumpy bar with not a lot of water on it. Dug a narrow channel for a short distance Headed straight for Hutchies and trolled around on the eastern side of it for a few long laps for 1 hit and miss. Trolled south to the cape and had a little black hit a lure and come straight out of the water and gone. Headed back up to Hutchies and had 1 fish on for a while and pulled hooks. Uncertain what sort of fish it was? Another lap heard a screaming reel and then a lost lure. Once again, uncertain on the type of fish. That was it then, no more hits and tried around the shipping channel for some bait on the way home for nil!!!
    At least last time I went out and got nil the weather was great, this time it was ordinary and that makes it even harder to deal with
    I don’t know what water temps were as I don’t have a reading for temp.
    Thanks Sam for the company, hopefully more fish next time

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post
    Gday guys, late boring report from 08.01.2019. Left Caloundra at 0500 and crossed a lumpy bar with not a lot of water on it. Dug a narrow channel for a short distance Headed straight for Hutchies and trolled around on the eastern side of it for a few long laps for 1 hit and miss. Trolled south to the cape and had a little black hit a lure and come straight out of the water and gone. Headed back up to Hutchies and had 1 fish on for a while and pulled hooks. Uncertain what sort of fish it was? Another lap heard a screaming reel and then a lost lure. Once again, uncertain on the type of fish. That was it then, no more hits and tried around the shipping channel for some bait on the way home for nil!!!
    At least last time I went out and got nil the weather was great, this time it was ordinary and that makes it even harder to deal with
    I don’t know what water temps were as I don’t have a reading for temp.
    Thanks Sam for the company, hopefully more fish next time

Thanks for the report! Were you trolling dead baits?

Mercury 115ct going strong😁