Thread: Whitsundays - Christmas 2018

Whitsundays - Christmas 2018

Hi All

Is there anything better than planning a decent fishing trip …. no I'm taking about those missions - a long drive , boat ride - destination etc

For me Christmas day will be the start of my trip from Sydney to Airlie beach - with 615 barcrusher WR in tow for a week of GT fishing & some snorkelling on the reef & island fringing reefs .. whilst I normally do these trips with a fishing mate , this time I'll be dragging my young bloke with me as bit of R&R before he completes his final year at school ….. actually he is champing at the bit

the plan is to camp out at Nari's beach (Whitsunday Is) & go from there ……. fingers crossed for good weather.

Anyhoos - I hope this gets you all jealous ….. just kidding but coral trout , crays (post Jan 1) & some good beer has to be hard to beat

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Whitsundays - Christmas 2018

That’s a long drive with a lot of highway. Going durahubs on the bearings?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Great holiday plan you have mate ,I love that area of Australia it is so relaxing boating around the islands .
    Enjoy the break and I hope you smash the GTs ,hope you post a report . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    That’s a long drive with a lot of highway. Going durahubs on the bearings?

It is a long drive mate (27hrs each way) …… but one that I normally do every year - Missed last year but recent trips have included Cardwell x 2 , Etty Bay , Tinaroo .
    Just going bearing buddies which are loc tighted & will also be gaffa taped to the hub - This will be the first really big trip for the Barcrusher but I think it will be much better with the duel axle trailer . Will also keep the weight down in the boat for the trip - normally I carry too much gear in the boat.
    Should be a pretty good trip.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Great holiday plan you have mate ,I love that area of Australia it is so relaxing boating around the islands .
    Enjoy the break and I hope you smash the GTs ,hope you post a report . Matt
    Ta Matt

I've only boated around there a couple of times many moons ago & loved the place - we also camped out .
    Yeh the GTs are the priority ….. but plan to catch some nice reefies for a feed . The young bloke is right into his freediving - so he is looking forward to snorkelling out on the reef or around some of the islands ( not Cid Hbr though) …… actually we are camping just a few hundred meters from Cid

I cant believe how quickly this is coming around - Depending on how we go , I'm planning to head back in April for 10 days.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO