Thread: Lowrance Hook2 9" Tripleshot

Lowrance Hook2 9" Tripleshot

Had the unit installed on my tinnie for a few months now but just realised the date/time display on tide/current/ moon/satellite info is way off, like months and years off! There also isn't an option to manually set system date/time. I have tried reset back to default to no avail. Am I missing something or do you think unit's faulty?
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Re: Lowrance Hook2 9" Tripleshot

Have a look through this. Should help. If not give lowrance a call

ftp://software.lowrance.com/Document...1760-001_w.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

How old is that Hook unit?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Bought new 7 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    How old is that Hook unit?
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Ok the reason that I asked is that recently it has been discovered that the GPS chip in earlier models has a fault that causes issues with time and tides. Thee is a very outside chance that your Hook could have the same chip, but try the following steps first.

Can you go into the GPS menu and find the page that shows the satellites in view?

Should be menu/system/satellites.

This page usually lists the satellites in view and also shows the time. NOTE : You need to have the boat outside (eg not under garage or roof) where the unit has a clear view of the sky.

Once the unit has satellite lock, the time shown on that page should be correct - assuming of course that you have completed the setup correctly for time - see menu/system/time for options re time setup, you need to set it as GMT+10 if you are on the east coast of Australia.

If you have done all of that and time is still not showing correctly, then there may be a problem with the units GPS chip or software - in that case, call Navico help line and talk to them. Best to be in front of the unit so they can walk you thru problem identification and solving steps.

Good luck let us know how you go.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Faulty GPS chip? That's probably what it is then. I have gone through the manual, wasted a couple of hours playing around, tried all sorts of settings and resetting and still no joy. Will call Navico even though I'm not looking forward to it. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme5 View Post
    Faulty GPS chip? That's probably what it is then. I have gone through the manual, wasted a couple of hours playing around, tried all sorts of settings and resetting and still no joy. Will call Navico even though I'm not looking forward to it. Thanks for your help.
    Dont worry with Navico , they are good and if they ask for the unit back then do so. Propably end up sending you a new unit..What they did with mine..

Spoken to them. Said it was a software issue (not a faulty chip) and there's gonna be an update to fix it soon. How soon? We'll have to wait and see. For those contemplating buying the Hook2 series, be warned that the C-Map that comes preinstalled does not have depth shading, very disappointing as far as I'm concerned. If I had known, I would not have bought it.