Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruise craft 595 or Signature 602f?

Cruise craft 595 or Signature 602f?

Hi Guys
    Time to decide between the two.
    In terms of quality of ride, toughness , quality of finish and value for money.
    which one is the better buy?

Use for offshore fishing and some over nighters with the family.

Keen to hear from owners and whoever has been in them.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Cruise craft 595 or Signature 602f?

Both are good but I am biased. The build quality of the Cruisecraft wins hands down.

Would come down to price for me at the end of the day. Allowing money at the end for good electronics and trim tabs which are essential and a in this day and age, an open channel gal or alloy trailer. I've always had 2nd hand boats other than my very first tinny so I look at things differently. I think the Signature will ride better than the Cruise Craft. Cruise Crafts are getting a bit of a cult following so resale will be good down the track.

cruisecraft hull shape is harsh in all sizes when compared to any haines or siganture model of comparable length
    the cruisecrafts always have bigger cockpits by pushing the shouldersof the boat forward

cruiscraft for stability haines for ride

Thanks Smithy. That's a great summation. I am coming to that conclusion too. I have a CC 575 atm. I am thinking build quality similar but CCs have that class above finish to them. Keen to hear from an person who currently owns a 602.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    cruisecraft hull shape is harsh in all sizes when compared to any haines or siganture model of comparable length
    the cruisecrafts always have bigger cockpits by pushing the shouldersof the boat forward

cruiscraft for stability haines for ride
    Thanks for the info.

If you want to talk ride, there is a guy in our gamefish club with one, he really rates his HS602. This is a guy since I have known him that has had a 6m Edencraft with a 200 Zuke that was a rocketship, he then had a 6.2 KC with 2x140 Zukes so went pretty good too. Then he sort of went out the mines trying to make big money quick and went through a couple of boats with a few teenage/early adult boys that were costing him a bit. He is a real estate agent and on the up so got rid of a Yalta and then bought the 602. It had a 140 Zuke on it first so he has upgraded to a 175 Zuke now, put trim tabs on it, a 585 Furuno, outriggers, etc. Downsea he reckons it is unbeatable. As good and sure footed with no vices of any of prior boats. He loves it to bits. Loves how cheap it is to run and caught a heap of marlin out of it last year and fished a bit of weather in it. That said, we have a big contingent of CC boys in the club. 2x575s with 150 Yammies that go good but they need trim tabs. A couple of 625s and a couple of 685s. The 685s are next level for fuel burn once you start putting 250hp on stuff, they like a drink. Try and keep to the 150-175 range or the 4cyl 200s.

Mack I upgraded from a 539 plate boat to a brand new 595 Explorer Hardtop, for all the same reasons you listed and couldn’t be more happy with the choice. The 595 is their signature hull and the hardtop is something special - I won’t ever change back to a soft top or clears. I can’t knock any other boats since they all have their pro/cons, but in my view (1) there is no better combo for keeping the family happy, whilst it turns into a fishing weapon on demand, (2) local built/supported able to have changes made, upgrades added etc etc by a very decent bunch of people, (3) compare weight with others and ask yourself the obvious questions, and so on.
    Go to Wynnum Marine and ask Brent to take you for a ride.

Cheers
    Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausfish Platinum Member

In your original posts you mentioned you might want to do some overnighters with the family. You might want to look at a boat which will likely kill the others you have mentioned for ride, and space, and come in around the same price new, while not needing monster HP to push it along.

http://www.frasermarine.com.au/21ft-reef-runner/ Frasers don't have pricing on their website, but most any other dealer in Australia has. Google it. I know you banana benders love your sigs and CC's, but you'll need to go to a 685 in a CC before you'll match the Reefie for ride and stability.

Yep Reef Runner needs some consideration too for sure. Built in hard top to start. Yours has been done up well Ranmar!

Ausfish Platinum Member

My attitude towards boat buying philosophy is this, learnt thru hard lessons. You can buy a smaller boat with "all the fruit" Or you can buy a larger, better hull with less initial fruit,for the same (or even less)and add as you go. But you can never make that small boat bigger

Thanks Dan, Currently own a targa top CC 575 Explorer will def get the hardtop of one of these two. Keep family happy and can be a fishing weapon out wide , keeps every thing dry and no salt spray on dash.
    What I like about the Signature is the cabin is higher and perhaps longer for overnighters and hull slightly softer in ride. The CC is defnitely better finished and better layout and looks more roomy. Better bait board. The 602F bait board mount concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by cptDan View Post
    Mack I upgraded from a 539 plate boat to a brand new 595 Explorer Hardtop, for all the same reasons you listed and couldn’t be more happy with the choice. The 595 is their signature hull and the hardtop is something special - I won’t ever change back to a soft top or clears. I can’t knock any other boats since they all have their pro/cons, but in my view (1) there is no better combo for keeping the family happy, whilst it turns into a fishing weapon on demand, (2) local built/supported able to have changes made, upgrades added etc etc by a very decent bunch of people, (3) compare weight with others and ask yourself the obvious questions, and so on.
    Go to Wynnum Marine and ask Brent to take you for a ride.

Cheers
    Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good philosophy mate. Not sure how many times I hear people say "going bigger" and now I am saying it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    My attitude towards boat buying philosophy is this, learnt thru hard lessons. You can buy a smaller boat with "all the fruit" Or you can buy a larger, better hull with less initial fruit,for the same (or even less)and add as you go. But you can never make that small boat bigger

Never considered them but I 'll have a look thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    In your original posts you mentioned you might want to do some overnighters with the family. You might want to look at a boat which will likely kill the others you have mentioned for ride, and space, and come in around the same price new, while not needing monster HP to push it along.

http://www.frasermarine.com.au/21ft-reef-runner/ Frasers don't have pricing on their website, but most any other dealer in Australia has. Google it. I know you banana benders love your sigs and CC's, but you'll need to go to a 685 in a CC before you'll match the Reefie for ride and stability.

That is spot on Ranmar the bigger boat has security if shit hits the fan and your far from land