Thread: Yeppoon boating advice

Yeppoon boating advice

Hi all.

Just about to drag the rig to Yeppoon with the kids and am after advice regarding whether’s any hazards to watch for between Rosslyn Bay and Keppel or whether it’s a clear run?

Any advice appreciated!

Re: Yeppoon boating advice

Should be a clear run mate though do take care if you want to circumnavigate Keppel . We used to camp on Humpy Island just south of Keppel and was magic little isle.
    If you havent been to Keppel before you will love it..

Thanks mate - that’d great!. Been over to Keppel on a the cat which was magic, but not in our rig.
    Thought it was all clear but didn’t want to find out the hard way if I was wrong!! Are there some crunchy bits around the other side of the Island to worry about?

In all honesty I couldnt say as most my boating/camping was done on west/north n south side . Clear waters moztly on good days.
    Some good reefy bottom western side of humpy just as you clear between humpy n southern end of keppel , spitting distance off humpy or at least used to be.
    Would feed most campers at easter time on humpy with catches off there.
    Mind you lot of water under bridge since ive fished or camped there but cant see too many changes except you need a permit to camp on humpy now days plus a little more greenery there then used to bewhen we visited ey.

Keep an eye out for other boats
    https://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/...-boat/3225979/

Matt

Yeppoon boating advice

North keppel has some nasty rocks which an Catch you out. Take it easy around there

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Thanks guys - looking to go straight across to Great Keppel mainly, so the run across sounds clear and will have eyes on when around any of the island outskirts by the sounds!