Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seapen v boatlift

Re: seapen v boatlift

Does it have the blowers and hoses?

If so tie a tinny to it and push it to where you want it after its pumped up.

How much do they want for it and what size is it?

https://www.airberth.com/
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Does it have the blowers and hoses?

If so tie a tinny to it and push it to where you want it after its pumped up.

How much do they want for it and what size is it?

https://www.airberth.com/
    I don’t know how much he wants , he is going to see what it’s got and if it works on the weekend. He won’t want a lot I wouldn’t think , he was told it works just the people who bought the place aren’t boat people and want it gone . As soon as I find out more I will let you know. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    what about those plastic docking platform things they look much better than these air filling chambers that cradle and lift the boat, what happens if a leather jacket bites a hole in the rubber could be costly

Hi gazza2006au

do you mean float bricks ? (eg 500x500mm),
    if so then YES I have thought about them but most people use them for boats under 5m.
    They are commonly sold 3.5m or 4.5m long,
    however there is a gumtree advert for one at moment, 6.5m long, configured for 19ft crownline.

I have heard that float bricks were invented in Canada and are designed to withstand ice so very strong.

Cheers.
    Transire vinus forticulus

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    What size boat are we talking about ... Matt
    I am wondering about getting something flexible for different sized boat, eg if get slightly bigger boat, keep same dock system.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post

This is it apparently it all works my mate is going over to it this weekend to check it all works ( which he was told it does ) and take some more photos . It’s at west end apparently . Matt
    Ok, not the one we saw removed the other day.

Towing my good friends air dock to it's new home. It took roughly 8 hrs from bulimba to raby bay.20180417_084531.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Just saw one if these for sale in Facebook

IMG_2490.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

I have a mate that bought a sea pen. It didnt last long he wasn't happy with it. Plus it caught prawns etc in it when the water got pumped out and there was bait around.

What sort of boat have you got? I just so happen to know a guy that will be unloading two airdocks in the very near future....

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    You can flush motors easily if you get yourself a little rough tinny to do your odd jobs and even use as a tender.

We still don't know how big a boat we are going to store?
    Hi Chimo.

What do you mean "can flush motors easily if get a little tinny" ?.

No I do not what size boat yet.
    Thinking a Poly (basher) now and a bigger nicer Glass later. Also which do I buy first, Hen and Egg situation.

Cheers.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Hi tjotter

If the size of boat you have does not allow you to lean over the stern and place ear muffs on your motor (s) as is the case with most boats sitting on an Air Berth and is the case with mine; I find it much easier and safer to simply attach and remove muffs after flushing while sitting in my little tinny while it is in the water behind the Air Berth. It is also handy to do any jobs on the outside of the hull away from the pontoon such as polishing etc. Also much easier and safer to fit and remove a boat cover than the alternative.

If you buy whatever you get second hand at least you will reduce your cost (loss) as you change boats.
    Probably more better to get the boat you want to end up with in the near future sooner than later if you go second hand.
    If you have a reliable service guy, marine mechanic its not a bad idea to involve him in checking out what you are interested in as he wont want you and him stuck with a lemon.

Also if you are at the age when kids are in the future get you boat first as there will be a long period when it probably won't be allowed to happen (based on past experiences). If you are passed the kid stage then get the boat you want and be done with it.................