Thread: And now for something completely different ......

Blog Entries

And now for something completely different ......

............. an actual fishing report

Been a while since I put up a report. Not many up on here like there used to be.

Let me know if you want more and I'll see what I can do.

Lately up in my neck of the woods the flathead have really been firing up. I got out for a couple of hours on Sunday before I had to take the missus christmas present shopping. I was at the ramp right on daylight (4:15am) and launched with my two dogs as company. I headed to one of my fav spots and hit spotlock on the trusty iPilot and cast my favourite gulp 4inch curl tail grubinto a little drain. The tide had a couple of hours run out and there wasn't a breath pf wind. Perfect!!! Not long into my morning I connected to a nice mid fifties model. A quick happy snap and into the keeper net it went. This was followed by a regular stream of flathead until the tide turned and a gentle northerly rolled in. That was my cue to head off. I shot up the passage to the dogs favourite sandbar, chucked them over the gunnel and let them swim to shore. I then belted up and down the edge of the sandbar at full noise as the dogs chased me thinking they would be marooned on the sandbar. After I ran them ragged I headed back to the ramp to clean my fish around 8am as most people were launching

Anyway. A top day on the water and a nice feed to boot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F15.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	118232

Name:	F16.jpg 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	118233

Name:	F17.jpg 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	118234

Name:	F19.jpg 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	118235

Name:	F18.jpg 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	118236

Name:	F20.jpg 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	118237

Re: And now for something completely different ......

Nice report mate and you are right it’s been a while
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Nice flatties mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Hi funchy, i find that after the start of October the flathead become much scarcer down Donnybrook way, I was on the water at 5.15 last sunday morning and never had a touch on plastics, pumped some yabbies and tried for summer whiting next to a big bank lined by weed, got stingrays , grunter bream and small bream, this makes 2 trips chasing whiting that has yielded nothing, are summer whiting that hard for others in the passage?.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Hi funchy, i find that after the start of October the flathead become much scarcer down Donnybrook way, I was on the water at 5.15 last sunday morning and never had a touch on plastics, pumped some yabbies and tried for summer whiting next to a big bank lined by weed, got stingrays , grunter bream and small bream, this makes 2 trips chasing whiting that has yielded nothing, are summer whiting that hard for others in the passage?.
    You need FFF, Funchy the Flathead ......, wait that's FFW, FF Whisperer to come down and find them for you. I was out the previous Saturday morning, back at the ramp by 7.30 am with 5 ranging 52 cm to 60 cm. Lost a horse of a fish but it was a case of 1 hookup, 1 keeper. I tried chasing Whiting a couple of days earlier but got zip, turned out they were in the very clear water in the passage at the nthrn tip of Bribie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    We have had a great few weeks up our end on the flat ones mate.

Hi Funchy,

It’s great to see that you are still hammering the flatties.

You may find this hard to believe but we are back in the boat! Hoping to take a leaf out of your book, and hit the water early in the morning over the next few weekends to see if we remember how to fish!

Hope to see you out there.

T &T

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    Hi Funchy,

It’s great to see that you are still hammering the flatties.

You may find this hard to believe but we are back in the boat! Hoping to take a leaf out of your book, and hit the water early in the morning over the next few weekends to see if we remember how to fish!

Hope to see you out there.

T &T
    Great to hear you guys still have the desire. Keep an eye out for a 4.3m Stacer with a 50hp Yammy and 2 dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Great to hear you guys still have the desire. Keep an eye out for a 4.3m Stacer with a 50hp Yammy and 2 dogs
    We will, and as we are intending to follow your lead with the early starts, we may even see you on the ramp. 4.2m TABS Bullshark, Trace + me + one dog

Name:	0B7BC912-B201-42C0-842D-B8166B5747BB.jpg 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	118454

Blog Entries

We will, and as we are intending to follow your lead with the early starts, we may even see you on the ramp. 4.2m TABS Bullshark, Trace + me + one dog

Will keep an eye out mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    You forgot the fat man.

Pretty sure I saw you out the front yesterday, did Trace wear a dark (maybe navy blue) outfit and wide brimmed hat.

Yes, I think that was probably us! We’ll have to say “G’day” next time we think we spot each other

Yes, I think that was probably us! We’ll have to say “G’day” next time we think we spot each other
    too right, we were about 20 m north of you neatly opposite thentrance in my brothers 515 Sunseeker anchored between a couple of crab pots. Probably the spot you wanted, we got a couple of keepers just before you turned up, I got the small GT just before we left there. Definitely say g'day ext time although I'll probably be in my own quinie 4.2 WB Dory.

Love the look of that dog mate. He is definitely a keeper. Bubs
    Bubs Fish till ya drop......Clark 4.49 Rebel SC 60hp Merc Lowrance HDS Carbon 9in & FS 7in