Thread: Miya Epoch Service

Miya Epoch Service

Anyone ever done a service on one of these reels.

I have a couple and the bigger one has a squeaky bearing - trying to make my mind up if I should or not.

I called Solas the service people and was supposed to get a call back and it didn't happen - so I am wondering how hard can it be to oil, grease or replace a bearing?

Of course they say anything more than a wipe down or external oil it should be sent in as some things are torqued and some are water tight seals - hmmm???

Expecting the electronics isolated and sealed but the mechanics should be accessible.

The reel is the X-9
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Trev

Re: Miya Epoch Service

Do it yourself Trev as there is not a lot to stripping down any electric reel.
    I have not done one of those but I have done plenty of other brands regularly.
    Take your bearings down to a proper bearing shop and get new ones, don't fall for buying them off the importer as you will pay triple or more for them.

Sounds like a plan Aussie123 - I won't like your post though having read your tag :-)
    Cheers

Trev

Ha I was going to say I just give mine to a guy and they miraculously come back all fixed. That guy beat me to the punch with my only bit of advice to locally source bearings to save some dough.

Hope you are well and getting among them Trev.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
    Ha I was going to say I just give mine to a guy and they miraculously come back all fixed. That guy beat me to the punch with my only bit of advice to locally source bearings to save some dough.

Hope you are well and getting among them Trev.
    I am going well thanks Shane.

Must get out again in your glass tub - you still have to show me how good those Krystals are. Both were in for repairs last time.

The wife gave me a new chief mechanic which has slowed down my trips a little bit - pic below of him at work.

I have had 3 zero trips in a row till now - bit average - will look further South I think.

I did pull reel apart last night and the squeaky bearing is pressed into the drag mechanism - will try and get it out this arvo without damaging anything. The pull apart was fairly pain free but having no assembly diagrams I have taken a heap of pics with tablet as I went.

Should be able to get to a bearing place tomorrow if nothing goes wrong

Trust you are well and getting a few as well?

Chief Mechanic.jpg
    Cheers

Trev

He has been a lot of fun
    Cheers

Trev

Great stuff Trev!!

Nah I haven't been fishing anywhere as near as much as I would like to lately. Mixture of weather, work and some personal commitmemts have pulled me up a bit. But onwards and upwards mate as they say, hopefully I will be squared away in 2019 and start getting into them and getting away up north again.

You're always welcome in my boat bud, the fishing down south can be better but it is much more prone to current, some days it is unfishable.

We will catch up soon mate

4 new bearings, some moledinum grease and I did it - even still works - Amazing!
    Cheers

Trev