Thread: Lowrance elite 9 Ti

Lowrance elite 9 Ti

Hoping someone can guide me with my problem.......I’m not the smartest cookie when it comes to electronics ,the manual is very confusing to me......At depths of about 50 metres and more I can’t get a reading at speed or low speed only on idling of the bottom .....Have been playing around with depths and khz’s and not having success.Any suggestions would help...Thanks Paul........

Re: Lowrance elite 9 Ti

Paul, dont have one but a mate did, it's not exactly designed for deep water, specs say usable depth 70m+ which translates in real life to basically maybe 50m. His finally died and he bought a Hook 4 which was a backward step as his furuno sounder died on the weekend and he found out the hard way how poor the Hook was in anything over 30m of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Paul, dont have one but a mate did, it's not exactly designed for deep water, specs say usable depth 70m+ which translates in real life to basically maybe 50m. His finally died and he bought a Hook 4 which was a backward step as his furuno sounder died on the weekend and he found out the hard way how poor the Hook was in anything over 30m of water.
    Thanks for that Dignity .I may have found out that the transducer are not the best unfortunately.......

What I don’t understand is that this unit was bought New only a few months ago...

Paul, the other thing is are you running Downscan at this depth, in which case you will have reached the absolute maximum depth under ideal laboratory conditions for that unit, also are you using med or high chirp, worth playing with that as well. Usually deeper you will change to 50 KHz, 200 KHz will start to lose definition. The transducer is a 500 watt which should do the job at those depths.

G'day Paul and hopefully i can help a wee bit , at least i hope so. Sometime back i bought a Hook Tripleshot for my latest tinny and what a mistake (Piece of Shyte it was ) Anyhow to cut a long story it was replaced with an Elite Ti9 and havent been happier (given the price).
    Mind you i dont fish offshore with this tinny but yes no probs up to 50mtrs in the Harbour here.
    If your wanting to hold bottom at all speeds you are definetly going to have to muck around with your transducer position , i did and quite a bit too!!.
    Next you are going to have to play around with which pallette gives you the best reading at higher speeds , mine works best with no.1 pallette at the higher end of the speed and occasionally losesbottom for a short spell but come good again .
    Bottom scan i most of the time will not go out of especially if i want to pick up the fish with Fishreveal (luv it)
    Sidescan i dont use too much.
    And next time i take the boat out i can jot down my settings for you..
    Youtube has a world of info regardign settings for the elite 9 ti and not too far out either .
    user manual you will have to download from the Lowrance site and print it out yourself.
    Hope that helps, PM me if you want further help , but DO play around with your transducer . Not too deep down and not too shallow . Bit of stuffin around i know but with these new dangfangled longer transducers is what you have to do ..

I have a fairly basic elite 5, came with the boat (2nd hand) had some dramas not reading bottom when i first got it.
    Got that sorted, now seems to read depth fine at any speed upto about 50km/h had it reading upto 150m at cruising speed.

I was considering upgrading but all the issues people have with sounders i think ill stick with what ive got for now.

Wise thinking .

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Wise thinking .
    Hi Ben do you remember what you did to get it reading to 150 mtrs....😎

Yea, i contacted a tech from lowrance and they said to do a system reset, ive had to do it a couple of times when it has played up, but it hasnt done it often.

I feel the unit is limited in the detail it shows (structure etc) but seems to read depth, speed and water temp quite well.

Also, becuase its only a basic sounder, no down scan or chirp or anything (just 83 / 200khz) perhaps that allows it to read deeper than a higher detail unit?

Yeh you might be right . Thanks for your info.. Safe Fishing.

Ben unless im reading wrong you say you havent down or sidescan on your unit ???.The Elite ti, s have down and sidescan.
    I run my conventional sonar on 200khz , downscan 455 n sidescan 800.
    Again 455 for structure n 800 for fish ID are supposed to be best settings n seem to be correct for me.

Mines an elite 5, not elite 5ti.

Paul, first of all you can get good readings at speed up to 50m, is this correct, in which case your transducer is probably correctly set up. Secondly do you know which transducer was shipped with your unit as there are a variety of them, unfortunately Lowrance dont make it easy for you to find out, if you still have the original box it is labelled on there. Identifying the transducer will help identify what you might try.

Ye will do dignity...Have since found out you can get transducers....Will be looking at that.......Thanks everyone for imput .👍👍