Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tow vehicle Pajero vs Navara

Re: Tow vehicle Pajero vs Navara

To previous post the difference between a diesel and a V8 is the diesel will produce 350NM 450NM at 1500RPM where as the V8 will do the same NM at 3500RPM hence a lot of people like diesel's for towing

the terri should do me fine for my big boat, my big boat should be rated for six or seven people and the terri is a seven seater

Or go the best route and use a diesel v8.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    Or go the best route and use a diesel v8.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by brett62 View Post
    yea? seen the suburban v8 deisel uses 25l/100km, lol
    unless its money for nothing and your fuel for free. hahahahaha

one way or another, your going to pay. As the joke goes, paid for the car still paying for the petrol.

Looking to tow heavy glass up to 6.2m seafarer or Haines hunter. These should be under the total tow weight of 2.5t?

Ok so just bought myself a petrol Pajero 2002 with 270km.

The timing belt is way overdue so I知 getting that done immediately however should I also get any hoses changed out? While the Mech has everything out

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    Ok so just bought myself a petrol Pajero 2002 with 270km.

The timing belt is way overdue so I知 getting that done immediately however should I also get any hoses changed out? While the Mech has everything out
    Form memory the water pump is behind the timing belt worth checking & if so i would replace the water pump at the same time.

the 3 and 3.5l petrol engines from the 90's and early 2000's started to burn oil early in their lives, so keep a regular check on your oil level!

Yeah thanks. I知 getting the full timing belt kit fitted which includes all belts water pump and gaskets and seals.
    Just wondering if there are any hoses that are difficult to access and would be worth changing out while they are there?

Just looked at sca website they have Mackay hose kit for $90 so I値l just go with that. Cheap insurance 👌

Quote Originally Posted by terryc View Post
    Form memory the water pump is behind the timing belt worth checking & if so i would replace the water pump at the same time.

This very much so. Unless something has changed in recent times also be mindful not all water pumps on the market for this vehicle came with the rear plate and well worth getting one that does .

They are also prone to a coolant leak from a pipe in the valley that eventually works its way down the bell housing and the odor becomes quite pronounced. The pipe corrodes quite badly and should be changed also. Even if they look ok it is only the outside they look ok.

People familiar with 6G motors will most likely be familiar with these issues.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

An old Nissan Patrol TB48 for 12-14K is a great option also power to burn

Jeep 4.7L V8 380N.M at 3100rpm whopping 2950kg towing load

not everyone likes em but i ended up with a 2014 colorardo and it hasn't bail me up yet , have tow my yalta 2200 from brisbane to bowen (about 1400k's each way) twice on holidays and averaged 13.5 to the 100 each way at highway speed (100kph) and aircon on was really really impressed from a 2.8ltr auto.
    well worth considering for a tow tug.

BigE

I passed on my brothers ford territory and picked up a 2 litre turbo diesel land rover anyone here owned one? i was tempted to buy a jeep V8 4.7L but the guy never got back to me

LR has 2000kg towing capacity and has almost the xtrails N.M in torque at 2000rpm that the xtrail has at 4000rpm in 3.5 years i have never actually needed to rev the xtrail to 4000rpm not even once