Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorised trailer dolly.

Re: Motorised trailer dolly.

Video your experience and post it to here.

Should work OK
    What could go wrong.......................

I've got one of these and love it. Don't know if it would work on all grass surfaces though.

well as second hand ride on....sounds like the way to go...I have seen them used in boat storage sheds on concrete so as pointed out the problems may be outside on grass...Bugsy ..I hope you have a wood free lawn....Husqvarnas have generally a beam cutter....great for lawns ..not so good on rougher stuff....

I would go a second hand 4 wheeler motor cycle if u have somewhere to store it great fun for the kids when your not using it

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    I have got one of these with a good electric start motor and 5 speed box, but, many moons ago the pinion gear on the top of the gearbox stripped and I couldn't get one anywhere in Oz. So to cut a long story short I swapped some window grills for another Rover Rancher with the same gearbox I thought. Fitted up the gear box, adjusted all the links and low and behold it went like an Italian tank, 1 forward gear , 5 reverse. Pull it out and split it and it had 2 crown wheels unlike the old one which had only 1. Had a look at it today and might bite the bullet and remodify it. I have fitted a towball to it but the belt would slip and gears jam. Ahwell back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I would go a second hand 4 wheeler motor cycle if u have somewhere to store it great fun for the kids when your not using it
    That would be nice, but I moved off acreage , 5 sheds and a container to a house block with a garden shed. It has taken 4 years to empty and sell the container , still trying to downsize.

Quote Originally Posted by RayLamp View Post
    I've got one of these and love it. Don't know if it would work on all grass surfaces though.

How quite is that unit. I purchased a motorized unit from Ebay, works well but cant use early morning as it's so bloody noisy.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I reckon you'd be able to use it in the mornings. It might not help, but the sound reminds me of my telescope when it moves (Meade LX90),

Just get a forklift.............nEK mINUT

https://www.facebook.com/themadhueys...3694591005042/

I might get my wife to video my remains being carted off in the ambulance Chimo if the lawn tractor idea doesn't work but the tow will only be down my gravel driveway and up a public sealed road for about 40m. I don't have grass to contend with only the hill.

Better get it registered for the road section eh.
    Looking forward to the video

(pictures of the wife, or it didn't happen)
    What could go wrong.......................