Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: not the end of 2 strokes completely.???

Re: not the end of 2 strokes completely.???

[QUOTE=bluefin59;1649138]
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I think your right Noel if a majority of city commuters purchased green cars it would be an almost uplift to what technology we have now, as sale promote more growth in green technology manufacturers need that funding to produce tomorrows technology and without people going green well itsa slow process, just think if everyone in the city bought green cars how it would impact our country it would be amazing

we have the technology in vehicles i just think people love gas burners because that is our generation if they had a car that took 20mins to charge, done 400km's on a recharge and u could tow up to 2 ton i would really be keen for a green car but its not realistic yet but i foresee it in our future it may not be in my life time but its going to happen as more efficient electric motors are produced and smaller batteries are designed

i would love to own a green house out in the country on a few acres, my big own solar panel set up with some storage batteries, some wild mountain water to feed my shower, a pile of compost to heat my house ahhh the green technology not a bloody bill to pay.

https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/modelx/design

The model x does 500 + k and can tow 2 .25 t , not sure about charge time . Matt
    No way that thing is unreal 175g a bit pricey but thats what technology cost i wonder how far the battery goes towing the max towing limit this car really sets the bench mark soon we will be seeing cars doing 1500km's on a battery :O thats wild aint it i never thought i would see this in my time...

Wowa wowa, boys you have been watching too much tv. I like the enthusiasm for all things electric but your way way infront of reality. Solar cells have a theoretical efficiency limit so small cells charging mega batteries isnt realistic. You will still need a large number of cells to charge a decent battery. As for super batteries, its gonna take a bit more time but whats been discovered/developed over the last five years still hasnt made it to market as yet.
    electric cars also have other benefits. If the car has say, 80kw of battery available, you dont need to buy one for the home. Plug it in and charge via cells during the day and run the house off them at night. Plus you get to drive around. Thats low hanging fruit in anyone's language.

The one technology i read about recently that really is a good idea came from our very own csiro. Storing hydrogen as ammonia. This can be used in a fuel cell to generate electricity and water. I have always said hydrogen was not suitable for mobile usage as the infrustructure required would be prohibitively expensive. But if you use solar power to produce ammonia, then we have the missing piece of a jigsaw. Gm was working on fuel cells 40yrs ago so the technology is well primed. The exciting thing is, its renewable and takes some co2 out of the atmosphere. Win win, here.

but i am also realistic to think that we will get shafted one way or another. Petrol currently $1.58/ltr. Bottled water, $6/ltr. Ammonia is currently $350/ton. The cheaper to manufacture, the greater we will pay, lol

I was seriously looking into buying a small electric car as I travel almost 800kms per week but still way to expensive and too long to recoup dollars. So bought a Honda Jazz 5ltr per 100km for 4K with 80km on the odometer

not the end of 2 strokes completely.???

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    Wowa wowa, boys you have been watching too much tv. I like the enthusiasm for all things electric but your way way infront of reality. Solar cells have a theoretical efficiency limit so small cells charging mega batteries isnt realistic. You will still need a large number of cells to charge a decent battery. As for super batteries, its gonna take a bit more time but whats been discovered/developed over the last five years still hasnt made it to market as yet.
    electric cars also have other benefits. If the car has say, 80kw of battery available, you dont need to buy one for the home. Plug it in and charge via cells during the day and run the house off them at night. Plus you get to drive around. Thats low hanging fruit in anyone's language.

The one technology i read about recently that really is a good idea came from our very own csiro. Storing hydrogen as ammonia. This can be used in a fuel cell to generate electricity and water. I have always said hydrogen was not suitable for mobile usage as the infrustructure required would be prohibitively expensive. But if you use solar power to produce ammonia, then we have the missing piece of a jigsaw. Gm was working on fuel cells 40yrs ago so the technology is well primed. The exciting thing is, its renewable and takes some co2 out of the atmosphere. Win win, here.

but i am also realistic to think that we will get shafted one way or another. Petrol currently $1.58/ltr. Bottled water, $6/ltr. Ammonia is currently $350/ton. The cheaper to manufacture, the greater we will pay, lol
    Nano technology is going to put solar in paint ,it already exists in roofing by blue scope steel https://reneweconomy.com.au/bluescop...d-power-32417/ that’s being tested here in Australia I believe . So eventually I can see your whole house and entire car becoming a solar panel . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

If u believe what they say, by the time solar paint becomes common most people wont own their own cars.

To make sense of future technology, you need to forget past technology, devices get discovered, some carry on, some die, some are just the start of bigger "things" thinking of current electric outboards, with heavy batteries that take hours to charge is not the way forward, it's what we use now, that's all, people thinking outside that common item are what produce future directions, no one knows for sure if a revolution is about to be uncovered today, tomorrow or 10 years, that's what science is all about.

Couldn’t agree more Noel, who knows what the future holds but a lot of stuff is changing fast so don’t doubt that technology will already have answers to what we are talking about but just haven’t released it . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by ben475 View Post
    If u believe what they say, by the time solar paint becomes common most people wont own their own cars.
    Its here. I have a mate who is an engineer working in a team that puts nanoparticle solar receptors into render and paint and creates a whole building solar panel. They have patented it but it's an amazing breakthrough.

Cheers

PS. Dead right Noel

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Its here. I have a mate who is an engineer working in a team that puts nanoparticle solar receptors into render and paint and creates a whole building solar panel. They have patented it but it's an amazing breakthrough.

Cheers

PS. Dead right Noel

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    ypu will still need a large number of cells to charge a battery. The area on a car or boat just isnt sufficient to do it rapidly. It can be done but i dont think you want to wait three days for a full charge.