Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Vintage reels

Re: Vintage reels

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Steve,
    What are the 2500c's worth in tidy condition ???

Col
    i paid 400 each for those
    with boxes manuals and mint with no marks 1000 +

personal photos deleted

I reckon i would appreciate an old done up reel over my LTD 15 which will only decline in price the older reels would hold or possibly increase in value

How are the drag on those vintage reels tho?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

if tidy blacklab its an ok price
    the only reason the small abus are priced like this is the japanese love them and pay top dollar

and gazza if it still works and does the job who cares about depreciation on a $200 reel .

the drags were fit for use back then and still are, modern reels with 5kg drag ratings on a reel size that you only fish 6pd like are a crock of shite

Was more of a question are the old reels drag up to standards of today and comparitive to the modrrn market

personal photos deleted

I keep an eye out every now and again fot the old penn marone and black models they do come up there is one listed now with new gears but at $100 if it needs upgrades im unsure what that will make the deal overall or what its value will be completed

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Was more of a question are the old reels drag up to standards of today and comparitive to the modrrn market

didnt mean toseem short in my reply just this website is painful to use on the phone sometimes

drags are up to the line glass they are designed for and i have put jack Erskine drag kits in them that i have had stored for 25 years