Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

I have made a few trailers and once it all goes outside I get the old stick welder out, only problem is home handyman welders like me need to be diligent at getting slag off, and even grinding bits here and there.

I'll go over the tig welds with the stick welder but i am far from good with the stick

Steel that thick will be easy to stick weld, grind some of the existing weld down, use good current, decent rods and it will be a breeze.

Yeah i'll do something about it I'm not the best at mig or stick welding although i do have a Unimig Razor 200 Mig and a Unimig Razor 180 Arc/Tig welder just i suck at both that is why i tig welded it as i am more comfortable welding steel by tig i just can't weld out of position which i tried

i will fix up this side that i just made than i'll make the other side and weld the axles and assemble her

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah i'll do something about it I'm not the best at mig or stick welding although i do have a Unimig Razor 200 Mig and a Unimig Razor 180 Arc/Tig welder just i suck at both that is why i tig welded it as i am more comfortable welding steel by tig i just can't weld out of position which i tried

i will fix up this side that i just made than i'll make the other side and weld the axles and assemble her
    Use the mig it is so easy, fairly simple to master for basic stuff even the stick is easier than the tig.