Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Spanner light on the dash is a "check engine" something's amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Spanner light on the dash is a "check engine" something's amiss.
    That would likely be the melted o2 sensor i would think, there were no place for the plug to go that i could see will take another look tomorrow

Got the old girl bogged on the front lawn... my cousin is coming to give a hand pulling her up the hill tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Looked up the spanner on the dash on the AUI v8 its just a service reminder comes up every 10,000kms

Sadly there is no easy way of reading the codes on the AU series only a $800 snap-on diagnostic tool or a mechanic can read them which sucks

What's the VIN Gazza?

Just drove to 3 petrol stations to get lpg first two were out of service, 3rd one had it for 79.9c/L i filled up untill the pump clicked off $27.65, 34.60L i was on half a quarter of tank on lpg

When i put $20 of lpg in her the other day i got 66km for roughly 22L lpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    What's the VIN Gazza?
    Why u want the vin number? It was likely an ex taxi or hire car with the 549,000kms

That's 33l / 100km....always thought lpg was false economy.
    549000km? Didn't see that in the fine print.
    Again, as long as the engine, trans, lsd and tow bar hold out, you have a cheap towcar
    ....just don't get caught up in another restoration project Gazza. You don't need aircon or an illuminated dash on a cheap towcar. At the price you paid, you could part it out and be even.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    That's 33l / 100km....always thought lpg was false economy.
    549000km? Didn't see that in the fine print.
    Again, as long as the engine, trans, lsd and tow bar hold out, you have a cheap towcar
    ....just don't get caught up in another restoration project Gazza. You don't need aircon or an illuminated dash on a cheap towcar. At the price you paid, you could part it out and be even.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Doing a full tank test now on lpg the lpg system may need a service, going by the service sticker and a 12 monthly service it was serviced 2 years ago and done 4900kms in that time

Yeah i knew it had 549k on the clock surely not the stock engine it looks very clean as if it was rebuilt in the past 5-6 years

This car was bought as a tow vehicle but it also doubles as my daily i can afford two cars but cant afford two yearly registrations every year

Only thing i am fixing will be the windscreen sill, dash although very dim i can still see it so will use it as is

Pumped up tyres rechecked oils and coolant all were still filled from when i bought the car, power steering reservour was almost empty so maybe a leaking steering rack

Car runs great doesnt over heat temp stays on the low side and doesnt fluctuate, gears change good all though it doesnt have a transmission dip stick typical for fords

Just high lpg use but still testing.. noticed she only fills to just over 3/4th of a tank on lpg not quiet a full tank..

just had a geeza at some LTDs for sale, holy crap they must be the child from toyota, so many old LTDs with a price tag still up around the 8-10s and then some for the older stock , these must be the only fords that hold thier value

Cat i just got comprehensive insurance for the old girl valued between $4200-$7000

I dont really know much about Fords but the equivilent Statesman/Caprice v8 sell for about $5000+ and the price is rising

The VQ Statesmans (VN era) sell for $5000-$10000 prices rising very quickly

Some may be surprised on the going price for a VN SS in Atlas Grey omg...

When you say selling price do you mean advertising price? As there can be a huge difference. The former being about half the advertising price in some cases

I asked for the VIN to try & help you Gazza, knowing exactly what car you have saves second guessing it.
    Good luck with your project, nice car BTW.

It seems they came out with 2 V8 motors, the normal one & the XR8 one and the o2 sensors are in different places. I don't know a lot about them but I have access to a lot of info links.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    When you say selling price do you mean advertising price? As there can be a huge difference. The former being about half the advertising price in some cases
    Asking prices seem to be what they are going for vintage commodores its crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    I asked for the VIN to try & help you Gazza, knowing exactly what car you have saves second guessing it.
    Good luck with your project, nice car BTW.

It seems they came out with 2 V8 motors, the normal one & the XR8 one and the o2 sensors are in different places. I don't know a lot about them but I have access to a lot of info links.
    Yeah i wont give out the vin number Fed hope u understand, its the older engine with the tall intake manifold the engine was used in previous models i think EB and EF 90's models i think it was also in the 90's era XR8 it was also used in the 1990 F150 and 1995 mustang

ford only made 1 V8 and 1 strait 6 for that year https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/deta...OT-ITM-224745/