Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

You might be thinking of the next model Fed...it had the 4 valver in the XR8. I had one in the day. Not bad except the clutch was 2 pikelates with butter.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just went for a cruise to wollongong area drove out to waterfall where it cooled off a bit than went down stanwell top temps dropped to 22c was going to take some scenery shots of the car over the ocean view near coal cliff but it was packed

Kept driving went up bulli pass car handled that step mountain easy, took the campbelltown turn off headed up thru appin than into campbelltown, got onto the motorway doing 110 when a 4by was cruizing up past me i seen his front left wheel going crazy knew strait away he had a bubble on the tread i tried to wave at his girlfriend but she didnt see than she looked over and i pointed at the wheel

He than slowed down, indicated and pulled over, i kept driving as there were a bit of traffic on the motorway i really hope he works it out those two could have been killed if that tyre blew out at 110kph

After i got home i checked my lpg usage it used about 1/3 to just under half a tank to drive around 28kms residentual 110-120kms highway car is showing around the 150kms still 1/4th a tank left and it cost $27 to fill up

The xtrail would have cost me $35 to do the same trip on unleaded

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Wow that’s way more than my 100 series petrol landcruiser consumes. And towing 3.5t boat on highway it uses 27 litres per 100km.
    On the bright side it’s still way way less than my 250hp verado drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    Wow that’s way more than my 100 series petrol landcruiser consumes. And towing 3.5t boat on highway it uses 27 litres per 100km.
    On the bright side it’s still way way less than my 250hp verado drinks
    When i filled up on lpg she took in 35L i've so far done 150kms and still 1/4th a tank left

Going to try solve the urban high lpg use, runs really well on highway barely sucks any gas

Lpg is all new to me tho

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    When i filled up on lpg she took in 35L i've so far done 150kms and still 1/4th a tank left

Going to try solve the urban high lpg use, runs really well on highway barely sucks any gas

Lpg is all new to be a party pooper but this Alum trailer build has gone off tangent (many times), maybe this subject requires another thread.

Don't want to be a party pooper but suggest this needs a separate thread. This post had taken a heap loads of turns.

Yeah it did Dig will get back on track.. was meant to be welding when all the parts came in but it has been pissing down almost everyday, had to mow lawn today while it was sunny than headed down the coast and it bucketted down on the way back

Dont really fancy welding in the wet last thing i wanna do is zap my self but between showers may only be my only chance

Cant really run the extension cord out to the shed on wet grass this rain is misserable....

Will try get stuck in asap, will be arc welding the chains as far as im told arc welding is strong

Need to drill 4 holes and weld 2 chains and machine 2 steel spacers using the lathe and the drawbar will be done

As for the spring hanger U bolts i need to find some change to buy a 17-18mm drill bit for the open end of U bolts

Slow progress... waking up late with no motivation and a rainy day just tops it off

Ok fellas my eyes are ...... i cant see much plus the sun over my shoulder... just welded on the chains probably not the best welds and they will get critiqued but im learning to stick weld

These are 2x 10mm chains i only require 1x 8mm chain so go easy...Attachment 120823Attachment 120824Attachment 120825Attachment 120826

It won’t fall off but needs more rod and a bit less heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welded both links fully just these are the pics i took

Will try get some more work done later todayAttachment 120827Attachment 120828Attachment 120829

You know something that didnt even cross my mind untill i removed the drawbar was to have no drawbar, just bolt the tow hitch reciver directly to the upper and lower steel plates would have been a world easier

Shit i kind of like this layout much more than adding the drawbarAttachment 120831

Doing some work soon going to weld some 50mm flat bar to the back end of that rusty upper and lower plate so the tow hitch reciver can be bolted on

That should complete my tow hitch finally and be done with it

Hopping i get the drilling done today as if i do i can move onto the spring hangers

I have decided im going with hydraulic disc brakes

If welding pans out i'll post pictures

Started raining had to stop welding but got the top plate done i just need to trim it

Im absolutely new to stick welding guys so dont flame me.if im doing it wrong or welds dont look strong

Main plate is 6mm addittional plate is 5mm didnt wanna wait for steel to be cut

Bloke next door was a professional lawn mower he was looking over the fence laughing at my welding ability what an #######Attachment 120855Attachment 120856Attachment 120857Attachment 120858Attachment 120859

Before sending stuff off to be galvanised, every bit of that slag will need to ground or chipped off.

Thanks Noel i was going to put the wire wheel on the grinder and knock the rust off everything and zip over all the welds