Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

only difference between a 10a and a 15a circuit, is the 15 only has 1 outlet, where the 10 is a normal power circuit with multiple outlets. same circuit breaker and cable size. it's other appliances plugged into a power circuit and drawing current that limits what 15a equipment you use, so if you turn off eveything else on the 10a circuit, it is the same as a 15a!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Ganna have to save up and either get an electrician out to install a dedicated 15amp line or buy 2x 3000kw silent generators and run them parallel

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    I’m sure your new neighbours will be excited to have that going on , good luck
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I owned a 1000w silent generator once before it was incredibly quiet not sure if a 3000w or two of them would be much louder

So 10amp and 15amp are the same cable? One can handle 2400watts the other 3500watts? I never knew that, i still have my receipt from Jims Electrician i paid $335 for the install 8 years ago but i suspect that would be $600+ now which would be the cost of 2 second hand silent generators

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    only difference between a 10a and a 15a circuit, is the 15 only has 1 outlet, where the 10 is a normal power circuit with multiple outlets. same circuit breaker and cable size. it's other appliances plugged into a power circuit and drawing current that limits what 15a equipment you use, so if you turn off eveything else on the 10a circuit, it is the same as a 15a!
    erics has it right. You are only allowed one outlet per circuit with 15A circuits. If you find more than one 15A outlet on a circuit, it is illegal. Devices fitted with a 15A plug with the wider earth pin are done so to warn you that the device will pull maximum demand from one outlet. So if you do the old "file down the earth pin", you are allowing it to be plugged into a circuit that may already have some demand on it, and the breaker will likely trip.

Cheers guys i think the dual generators will be the go so im not paying for the 15amp install if i move again only thing the portable generators are a high theft item where as no one will pinch you 15amp cable wired into the house lol

For the trailer im going with this set up for the hydraulic brakes, my brakes and actuator showed up today but set of U bolts not to be seen yet

I need to cut the duct tape under the plate and that painted plate is now starting to rust not good!Attachment 121041

That's why you increase the cable size for 15 amp circuits.

Went back over to the new house to show my nephew and i went out the back and the power cable to the old removed shed was still running along the fence so thats a big bonus

I just need to wire it from the fence install a waterproof junction box than a cable into the she and have an electrician reconnect it inside the electricity box

My current shed is 2.6x2.6m i'll be picking up a 6x3m shed big difference the little neph has already asked for half of the shed i said in your bum hole lol he can put his crap in there tho

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Cheers guys i think the dual generators will be the go so im not paying for the 15amp install if i move again only thing the portable generators are a high theft item where as no one will pinch you 15amp cable wired into the house lol

For the trailer im going with this set up for the hydraulic brakes, my brakes and actuator showed up today but set of U bolts not to be seen yet

I need to cut the duct tape under the plate and that painted plate is now starting to rust not good!Attachment 121041

What did you do with the plate before you painted it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    What did you do with the plate before you painted it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I applied rust converter than epoxy enamal paint

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    no, a 15A circuit only requires 2.5mm cable, just like a normal power circuit. you will notice, depending on the age of the house, that normal power circuits are protected by either 16 or 20amp breakers!

The 15A i had installed here is fused by 20A it is a single power point on a exterior brick wall

no, a 15A circuit only requires 2.5mm cable, just like a normal power circuit. you will notice, depending on the age of the house, that normal power circuits are protected by either 16 or 20amp breakers!
    I agree if you are only after a single circuit but if you want to run more than one power point and run it over a distance then up the cable size.

I agree if you are only after a single circuit but if you want to run more than one power point and run it over a distance then up the cable size.
    absolutely. easy enough to up rate to 4mm, it has roughly the same external insulation dimension as the old 2.5mm, but obviously it's stiffer with the larger copper conductor.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Not necessarily. You can run a 2.5mm2 cct for either a regular socket outlet final sub-circuit, or for a 15A final sub-circuit. The actual demand on the circuit is not necessarily different--it all comes down to the usual needs of voltage drop and earth fault loop impedance requirements., ie, how long the actual wiring needs to be. The actual protective device is normally 16 amps for etiher.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Not necessarily. You can run a 2.5mm2 cct for either a regular socket outlet final sub-circuit, or for a 15A final sub-circuit. The actual demand on the circuit is not necessarily different--it all comes down to the usual needs of voltage drop and earth fault loop impedance requirements., ie, how long the actual wiring needs to be. The actual protective device is normally 16 amps for etiher.
    We haven't even worked out how long the circuit is, what we're running, is the cable in air, in conduit, in conduit through ground or thermal panels. Where does it start, where does it end. In order of the last comment current carrying capacity is around 27 amps in air i.e. clipped to a surface, 23 amps in conduit, 18.5 amps in thermal walls or underground and we have yet to look at the many other variables to consider. Original requirements soon expand,better to install according to worst case scenario.