Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879
Results 1,171 to 1,181 of 1181

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

those van parks make 70% of their income in peak season and the rest of the year just get by , many park managers get a free cabin and minimum wage
    while also having to perform overnight security

and those farmers arnt millionaires they work hard as well for what they earn all at the mercy of mother nature and supermarket and milk monopolies

you have no idea how the world works in your sheltered bubble of no responsibility ignorance and stupidity

You may not have noticed from your sheltered workplace, but the flooding has been a little bit more than waterfront properties.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    those van parks make 70% of their income in peak season and the rest of the year just get by , many park managers get a free cabin and minimum wage
    while also having to perform overnight security

and those farmers arnt millionaires they work hard as well for what they earn all at the mercy of mother nature and supermarket and milk monopolies

you have no idea how the world works in your sheltered bubble of no responsibility ignorance and stupidity
    That 70% is not a few hundred bucks Steve one cabin could rent for $700-$800 a week the parks usually have 10-20 cabins multiple caravan slots many tent spots come on man in peak season u have no chance at all at even securing a tent site! These park owners are not millionairs for no reason

https://m.realestate.com.au/property...obin-202958574

168 acres taree 550k half a million dollars

One guy owned 1000 acres but your feeling sorry for the bloke because he got flooded, 1000 acres has to be worth 5 million bux or more!

I have sympathy for anyone that works their butt off to provide for themselves and lose it because of an acute weather event.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Hey, I live on the water and have for a very long times (same place since birth, bought the family home) and I am just a regular person, not filthy rich, I just paid a premium a very long time ago to live here, if I had to buy now I could never afford it, but the actual value of the house doesn't give me anything (unless I sell it) except high rates, never been on the dole in my life, never got a Government "hand out" except some half arsed "stimulus" cash recently, got to fight tooth and nail to get anything now I'm retired. Where you live and what you own doesn't always reflect your wealth, but most times, simply how hard you worked decades ago, and the sacrifices you made.

I don’t follow

Are you upset they charge that much or you can’t afford it ?
    Some coastal parks can charge that a night in peak summer or Easter Xmas

But they are always fully booked, people save and go when it’s within their budget
    They book a holiday to suit what they can afford

Your anger directed to the park owner is misguided

Many farmers properties unless handed down through family are mortgaged to the hilt and will never pay them off

Have you opened a news paper and seen how many farmers were killing the selves through debt and loneliness issues

How many small business that went under too those farmers spend within their communities

You have no idea what rubbish your are talking and won’t even take the time time to educate yourself properly

For someone who sits at home all day 15 mins watching landline abc sbs or any regionally news source you might learn something

And without those business thriving taxes don’t get paid
    Taxes that allow you a house and a car to go get your McDonald’s every evening and build those boats

I guess how life works out is a bit of a combination of luck and good management, sometimes we hit obstacles that set us back, sometimes we make decisions that looking back we're not so great, but mostly we are in charge of our own destiny (forgetting health, because you can't plan or buy health) as an example, 4 years ago my son had twins (well his wife did) born at 26 weeks and only 700 grams in weight, that kind of thing changes your outlook on life. I was "lucky" that I decided to buy the family home, my brothers and sister were not interested, I paid market value at the time, but could have bought a much cheaper house out in the suburbs, it is now worth around 3mil, which is great....if I sold it, to me it's a home, not a saleable possession like (say) a car or boat, my kids memories are here, my entire life is here, so the house is worth nothing to me in monetary terms. When my wife and I croak, I would like to think my kids will pull the place down and build a really nice unit each, or rearrange the current house to suit themselves, because neither of them could ever afford to live here otherwise, and they both have good jobs and are steady working people and always have been and are currently cutting their own future in life. I know this is a bit of a wander way off course, and might even be a trumpet blow kind of, but, like everyone else, I did it on my own, I never got any inheritance, my wife's parents lived in a housing commission house all their life, 5 kids in a 2 bedroom fibro house, but I made it, it was hard work at times, but live every day as if it's your last, I had what was a minot health issue a few years ago turn real bad, and it changed my outlook on a lot of things.

A before and after shot of my little grand kids (twins) just reminds you how fragile life is
    Attached Images Attached Images

We have wandered so far off track now I might as well tell you about the miracle twins, my sons wife was having "women's plumbing" problems and it was advised to go on the IVF program to have kids, they did the first round and waited to have an ultra sound, after a set time, not only was the very first round of IVF successful, but, she was already pregnant naturally a couple of weeks prior to the first round of IVF...go figure, two babies, but slightly different ages, one blonde (our side) and one dark (my sons wife's side) unfortunately at 26 weeks "something" went amiss and she was rushed to hospital, the local hospital was unable to handle it, so she was flown to Canberra, where she gave birth to those two tiny humans. Until you actually see it in real life, you just will not understand how confronting it is, they spent months in Neo Natal Intensive Care, their life was measured in hours at a time. They were "sponsored" by a guy so my sons wife could stay at Ronald MacDonald house in Canberra, they did a TV add, and when you know the back ground, it's impossible to watch without getting tears in your eyes, the add featured an interview with the sponsor and unbeknown to him, they had my son and his wife meet him with the twins. These people that give money to Ronald MacDonald house need a medal.

My mum can relate Noel, just after i was born i caught bacterior meningitis this was back in 1981 no high technology back than i still bare the scare on my right ankle 40 years on, my mum said they almost lost me