Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1181

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Yeah it's bad, the flooding is OK around me, a few roads cut, and just some backyards and garages flooded, no houses that I have heard of....yet, the NE wind is flogging the front of my house, I couldn't open the sliding door, got towels along the door tracks because the wind is blowing the water out of the door drains, inside through the little vent things in the track. Weather prediction is fine tomorrow, I damn well hope so, the ocean is a mess, just a wind blown chocolate milkshake.

You live beachside dont you Noel...?..so you would not have much protection from an onshore gale..?..no wonder you are getting few leaks with that amount of driving rain.

and poor old Chris (nagg) lives out the back of Sydney...hope he hasnt had to take to the Barcrusher to escape the raging torrents of the Nepean/Hawkesbury river...

I cant remember when there has been such a bad and widespread flood event on the east coast before..?...I'm glad I live up here in sunny FNQ..

Noel yeah your copping it we dont have much wind here now rain is on and off, i just went out my backyard 75/80% of my yard is holding 2 inches of water tho its not raining right now the water is still flowing around the side of the house

How the sun is meant to pop out over night i have no idea, i have a house inspection tomorrow no idea how thats going to work out

Yep, right on the ocean, the NE wind is howling, we don't get much bad weather from the north, it's mostly southerly, so we are getting sideways rain in places that have never seen it, I have big sliding doors facing the weather, you can't open them without great effort, the wind is just that strong! The doors are a silly design really, there is a "track" that catches rain and drains it out, but a bit above that track is some kind of internal vent holes, the wind is whipping the water through those little vents, onto the floor inside, the leaks I found are different, I suspect it's some flashing that's buggered and will need investigating, but because of the current wind direction, it's leaking inside downstairs, normal storms and rain it's never leaked, until now.....

I heard on the radio the storm was moving tonight to the illawarra region good luck with it Noel

I went outside one tiny cloud and clear skys could see the stars weatherman got it right

We have a bit of a bodgey back sliding door that was installed shitty lucky it doesnt leak and we have a bit of aawning i think it may be called so the rain only hits half way down the glassthis storm pulled it off

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Yep, right on the ocean, the NE wind is howling, we don't get much bad weather from the north, it's mostly southerly, so we are getting sideways rain in places that have never seen it, I have big sliding doors facing the weather, you can't open them without great effort, the wind is just that strong! The doors are a silly design really, there is a "track" that catches rain and drains it out, but a bit above that track is some kind of internal vent holes, the wind is whipping the water through those little vents, onto the floor inside, the leaks I found are different, I suspect it's some flashing that's buggered and will need investigating, but because of the current wind direction, it's leaking inside downstairs, normal storms and rain it's never leaked, until now.....
    water has a habit of going anywhere it can even uphill
    the fireplace in my shed is leaking atm wind must have dislodged the top of the pipe

Am literally over this trailer got all mud guards bolted on now 1 guards inner tyre wall isbuckling rubbing the tyre #### im over it

Since the spring hangers are bolted on its way to risky to weld new mudguard mounts on while its so close the aluminium
    Attached Images Attached Images

First world problems eh..?

There's thousands of people that currently have their homes full of water, businesses with all their product and premises destroyed and farmers all over the place losing stock, fencing and buildings ...and you are on here bitching like a little girl that your world is falling apart about a mudguard...

Grow up and fix the bloody thing and move on..

ffs you are an A -class whinger...

Can you use a heat gun to deform the plastic enough to clear? Though if you're that tight for room, I dare say your tyres will try to chew up the guards when the springs compress anyway. Are your guards the right size?

Get the jig saw out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    First world problems eh..?

There's thousands of people that currently have their homes full of water, businesses with all their product and premises destroyed and farmers all over the place losing stock, fencing and buildings ...and you are on here bitching like a little girl that your world is falling apart about a mudguard...

Grow up and fix the bloody thing and move on..

ffs you are an A -class whinger...
    People that have water front properties are not struggling to put dinner on the plate without a natural disastour..

These guys that own 1000 acres i couldnt give a shit about, there animalsi do care about and wonder why the fences were not cut to let the animals free

You get no sympathy from me for people that own a water front multi million dollar van parks they are not shy of a dollar come peak season or holiday seasons...

Disorderly u should have been left on the curtain to dry out..

Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    Can you use a heat gun to deform the plastic enough to clear? Though if you're that tight for room, I dare say your tyres will try to chew up the guards when the springs compress anyway. Are your guards the right size?
    Nah the guards are the wrong size no one makes guards for my wheels they were a early design and are very wide, im going to just cut the front mount reposition and weld 1cm at a time and let it cool its only a guard at worse it has to hold 100kg standing on it, just glad the other 3 guards have clearance

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    u should have been left on the curtain to dry out..
    You really can't help yourself can you. Play the ball, not the man.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    People that have water front properties are not struggling to put dinner on the plate without a natural disastour..

These guys that own 1000 acres i couldnt give a shit about, there animalsi do care about and wonder why the fences were not cut to let the animals free

You get no sympathy from me for people that own a water front multi million dollar van parks they are not shy of a dollar come peak season or holiday seasons...

Disorderly u should have been left on the curtain to dry out..
    I thinks it’s ignorant of you to make unnecessary remarks about people who have worked all their lives to try and self sustain unlike you who is a SPONGE on society and believe that your so friggin entitled , grow up and stop being a total ###### . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......