Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1181

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

This afternoon i attempted to make the light bracket from 4mm aluminium plate in the hydraulic press but as i started to bend the material i went off the line and was getting scratched from dragging as it bent so for now im giving up on the home made stuff i'll order a couple proper professionally made light brackets from online

Slowly getting some want back to work on the hull im going to jack up the hull and remove the 2 sleepers now my hull is structually sound than i'll attempt to fibreglass the old toilet thru hull hole and some grinder cut marks in the bow strake plus sand back and glass over the 5 or so screw holes from the last owners floor attempt

Than shes ready for paint and fit out

Just buy a light board, takes a minute at the ramp to take off, the lights never go in the water, I swapped back to a light board years ago and reckon it's much better.

I have a light board but im worried the mechanic will say something about the cable not being attached to ghe trailer every 40cm

Just use cable ties to hold the cable on, even the silliest mechanic will know there's a boat to go on too.

Yeah i'll use the light board and see what the mechanic says

Basically all i have to do nowisbolt on my mudguards and bolt down my bunks and the trailer is ready for a registration check since i am just going to jockey strap on the led light bar everything is done bloody hoorah only taking me 2 years

275mm between the center bunks and 350mm between the center bunks and outer bunks measured 17 degrees to suit my hull

I checked out the rego cost and we are now hooked with a surprized left from the RMS bloody $370 for a new rego + blue slip + weigh bridge ticket

I doubt "jockey straps" will get past the inspection guy Gazza, at least use clean ones.
    I see a problem with your angles but that can be fixed later I guess.

Yeah i measured it wrong wasnt thinking at the time of taking the pics been up all night, it does work out at 17 degrees just the degree gauge isnt long enough to reach the two bunks

The jockey straps wont be those cheap colourful straps i was going to get the half decent single black band jockey straps with the S hooks on either end

Got the winch

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    The jockey straps wont be those cheap colourful straps i was going to get the half decent single black band jockey straps with the S hooks on either end
    Make sure you get it right if you are ordering online Gaz...

Jock Strap
    jock strap.jpg
    Occy strap

Occy Strap.jpg

So i t hought it was Garret instead of Jarret.. is that abig enough deal to critasize? I guess it must be in someone justafiable..

i have been informed u guys are steaming on the inside that i can afford to build a luxurious boat and trailer with my low income hahakeep stewing because im ganna keep building as much as it pisses off you 4 meter tinny owners, have a nice day because im smiling

Im not the type of guy to laugh at others miss fortune but you guys have been going at me for well over 12 months and the bubble burst where i will laugh back..

Next time you are online shopping Gaz order yourself a little sense of humor

Cheers Matt